gearing

D6

Reaction score
what size sprockets are on your drz,s?
whats the acceleration like, and top speed?
thinkin of changin mine

i have, but cant find much, maybe lookin in wrong place?, found what i needed at "paochow.com,"
quite a good drz site

stock gearing on my S

perfect for 2nd gear wheelies and 65mph cruising speed....mine is mostly road use.

but i still do the odd trail on it when the mood takes me...no need to change the gearing for off road imho :nenau

unless you are doing enduros on it

iv put 43/14 0n , still wheelys and can cruise 60/70mph,
all is good with the world
i got a 30 mile old 51t sprocket if anyone wants one cheap now

My 2nd hand 400E came with 15/50 gearing & as I use mine on the road a lot I've got to change it.

I wired in my GPS the other day & a true comfortable cruising speed is just under 50mph. I attempted to 'nail' it & got a max of 64mph! :eek

Superb on the dirt but riding to & from the trails is a bit of a mare especially at this time of year when I'm holding up caravans. :rolleyes:

What's the std gearing for the 400E? 14/47?
If so I wonder why the last owner went 1 tooth up on the front then 3 up on the rear?

50 tooth gold Talon in v.good condition for sale soon.
MF2.jpg

What's the std gearing for the 400E? 14/47?
If so I wonder why the last owner went 1 tooth up on the front then 3 up on the rear?

1 tooth on the front is roughly equivelent to 3 on the rear sprocket so your DRZ has standard gearing. The previous owner may have been expecting a longer chain life with the 15 frt. sprocket or swapping it for a 14 for more tech stuff.

Mine is the E model it now has 15 on the front & 45 on the rear it seems to be pritty good off road dut has a good road speed I also have a set of 14 x 47 but have not tryed them.
I have just wone a genuin Suzuki workshop manual of ebay so watch this space

I'm running 14-46 for off road and its feels about right.

15-40 with the supermoto wheels on, gets through the lower gears quickly and will pull upto 85/90 in top. Very buzzy though. Might try a 38 rear when I get around to it see if I can lower the revs for 70ish mph cruising.

i put 14/43 on, does 85 mile per hour, on the sat nav
still wheelys off the throttle in second,
and its ok off road for my needs,
these things need 6 gears really

Fitted a Renthal 48 toother this afternoon.

I'm mechanically sympathetic so I didn't redline it but 15/48 now sees 70.8mph (GPS)

That'll give me a decent cruising speed for the B roads between the trails.

My old 15/50 set-up saw 64mph (GPS)

I have a Talon gold 50 toother if anyone's interested. (fitted new by previous owner 31st Jan 2009 & has very little use) £12 posted.

ChangedOver.jpg

I'm running 14-46 for off road and its feels about right.

For off-road, I agree. I was using 14/48 on my DR-Z and it felt fine.

I think that the idel gearing really depends on what you want to use your bike for.

Greg

I'm running 15/52 which is fractionaly lower than the E standard 14/47. good for the really nadgery stuff.

I'm running 15/52 which is fractionaly lower than the E standard 14/47. good for the really nadgery stuff.

I went out today for a sustained road run & clocked 79mph tops & cruised comfortably at 55mph (GPS figures).

15/48

Back
Top Bottom