Handtec full of sh*t or not?

nedflanders

Reaction score
Still waiting my preordered 660 from Handtec, latest excuse today was there having technical issues with the mapping and are recalling them so it'll be another week! Anyone know what there on about or do I get a refund and order elsewhere??:mad:

Still waiting my preordered 660 from Handtec, latest excuse today was there having technical issues with the mapping and are recalling them so it'll be another week! Anyone know what there on about or do I get a refund and order elsewhere??:mad:

Had a call from them this morning - apparently there has indeed been a recall and they confirmed that they have over 150 orders waiting......

Maybe a letter or two to Garmin would sort the "jobbie" out... as I suppose they are only the suppliers, who can only supply the stock if they physically have it... :augie

Must insert alledgedly in the appropriate slot ..

Hearing its the vendor whose originated the story of a recall alledgedly and not the manufacturer.

Not heard of any recall issued / received elsewhere.

Suggest you call manufacturer and voice concerns of above .. then call your card company and dispute the charge put on your card as the vendor has failed to supply. Merchant service will do a charge back so hits their pocket. Too many in one day may lose or suspend their merchant service facility :augie

Cheeky f*ckers...
If anyone has it in stock for £400-ish, they will get my order and I shall be cancelling the handtec one very soon...

Yep, Garmin has no idea about a recall, looks like as soon as someone gets stock I'll be cancelling my order with Handtec. Also Handtec aren't an official dealer according to Garmin :augie

I'm in the same boat, currently awaiting stock of the Zumo 660 from Handtec :(

There hasn't been any recall on the zumo's.

There was a small software bug which seems to have been fixed with the new version that was released a few days ago which can be downloaded using the webupdater software.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

Change History

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:

Corrected issue that caused the city names not to appear on the map

Corrected issue that caused some settings not to save properly

I'm not sure where and why this has been brought up but this may help.:thumb

No recall, just software update and mapping update, both done on line.... sounds like Bullshyte...:rolleyes:

Interesting, the Zumo 660 page on the handtec site now displays "DUE: UK release End of May".

I'm sure that said Mid-May yesterday.

Just been on the phone to Garmin, no recall of zumo 660 units. phoned handtec waiting to hear all the bulls*it of the day but the guy just held his hand up and said sorry. they are still waiting to get them in stock from the distributors and he hopes it will be at most two weeks. i am an only bloody child, i dont do waiting and this is really p*ssing me off:mad::mad:

http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/details/garmin-zumo-660/14233/

is where I bought mine. Had to wait 2 weeks or so from around mid-April, but took delivery last Thursday.

Garmin UK did tell me a few weeks ago, that internet based dealers will get the first stocks. Sure enough, mine arrived within expectations.

Don't know if they have them in stock (website says early May, but it's said that for weeks) but for the price of a call, might be worth some of you disgruntled chaps giving them a call? They seem pretty good at providing decent service.

Not the cheapest, but at least I have one :pullface

:D:D

yipee

:clapjust got this e,mail from handtec this afternoon, maybe we are about to get our 660s

Hi,

These items are now in stock and are being dispatched immediately,

Kind regards,

Please feel free to contact us should you require more info -

T - 0845 644 7727
W - www.handtec.co.uk
O - Live Support Online

Customer Service 803

GPSK Ltd
Unit 64 - 66,
Werrington Business Centre
Papyrus road
Peterborough
PE4 5BH:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Yep no email but I did get a phonecall from them saying it should be here tomorrow, latest Friday depending on when they get delivery, I'll get excited when theres a city-link van outside though :augie

Don't know what the problem is.:nenau I got mine from RGM in Croston, they have plenty in stock and has had them in since beginning of April

the problem was there seems to be a pecking order as to who Garmin UK supply to first, obviously Handtec aren't high in the food chain:rolleyes: (but they were cheap so didn't mind waiting for the price), also seems Garmin have restricted supply to shift the old Zumo's.

Back
Top Bottom