How much should I pay for a 950?

The White Rabbit

Reaction score
Got a possible chance (if first dibber doesnt come through) of a 950 Adv 05 13,500 miles stock bike (not akras etc) but road use only and exceptionally clean. FSH, pre-reg to dealer before current owner.

Any ideas what a realistic price is for that? There's not too many about, but most have more farkles than this. Its a bad time of year to buy and better to sell I wonder? Maybe I should keep money in pocket until autumn.

You will be very hard pressed to get anything under 4k even really scruffy stuff gets that money.

You're probably looking at £4.5 - £5k to be honest, didn't notice.....is this a private buy or dealer sale? If it's a dealer add cash.

Prices are rising to be honest, exchange rates have put KTM prices up by something like 14% new and used prices have gone 10% or so.

I have a 55 plate 950 done 25k that I am seriously contemplating selling, It is very well farkled including an EMIG bar riser and stabiliser,evolution billet clutch slave, full luggage, HID lighting, fastaway pegs full KTMSH e.t.c e.t.c. and the full touratwat catalogue thrown at it. I've been offered £4.5k and 6 months ago that would have been good but now, well, close to £5k is a minimum.

Roger

Its private and looks like I will still be looking close to 5k. It may be gone, I will find out later. And then I will know if I really want it...

Yours sounds very nice, although I am hoping for something a few less miles, not helping with the number about.

not an ad'

Not really advertising my bike to be honest and don't REALLY want to sell it, hope the wife doesn't read this though:augie

Don't worry about miles on an LC8 engine so long as it's had regular oil and valve checks. They are excellent engines that get better and better. I know someone with over 70k on it! No problems at all.

There are weak points, clutch slaves go west (hence my swap) There is an oil jet to cool / lube the clutch hidden behind a small access cover by the drive sprocket that can clog (easy to clean with a guitar string if you know about it......many don't and complain of a snatchy clutch that will soon run dry and burn out), Water pumps on early bikes can go but not a major problem.....check for a gritty sand in the header tank as the fault seems to stem from left behind casting and damaging seals.

Don't believe service books either. ALWAYS go to or phone a KTM dealer and quote bike details as the are all held on a central computer and this will show if all the recalls (and there have been a few) have been done.

I'm lucky to have both my KTM and a new 09 GSA but the KTM is by far more fun to ride. Grab yourself one and you really will not regret it.

Roger.

Wanted....

So after deliberation I am looking for a nice 950 Adv (not S). Preferably low miles, good condition and FSH. Would prefer to come with luggage. Must be orange. PM me if you have one for sale or know of one.

I made an enquiry about 1 on for £6k at a dealer.
2 owners (didnt ask if one pre-reg, may well be as on an 06 plate) 12k miles. No luggage, annoying as I think most of the later bikes came with it.
They are standing firm on price. Seems well over top whack to me.

Back
Top Bottom