Hertfordshire Green Lanes - Sat 27 March

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Having cocked up my diary for Sunday, I might have an amble around the Green lanes of Hertfordshire on Saturday morning.

It's all easy stuff - you could probably do it on a 1150GS.

Anyone want to take a 50 mile run on Saturday morning?

Greg

I'll come & do 50 miles of Hertfordshires countryside with you Greg, after all, it was my fault that we moved the original date from the 21st.:D

Phil

Re: which bike ?

ktm520 said:
is this one for the GS or the KTM ?

Dave

Given the choice, the KTM - but you could probably manage on the GS.

Greg

I'd like to go Greg, but I don't have a trailer and besides, I'm still doing the Surrey Byways next day. Shame you can't come along though!

Roy.

Blue Sweeper said:
I'd like to go Greg, but I don't have a trailer and besides, I'm still doing the Surrey Byways next day. Shame you can't come along though!
Roy.

It won't be up to the quality of your ride, Roy - and if I came to that, I'd be singing soprano for years to come!

:D

Greg

decisions decisions

now I have a problem.

do i do the Saturday in herts or the Sunday in Surrey !

SWMBO wouldn't let me get away with doing both !!

Re: decisions decisions

ktm520 said:

What are you? Man or mouse?

Greg

PS Where's the cheese?

Re: decisions decisions

ktm520 said:
now I have a problem.

do i do the Saturday in herts or the Sunday in Surrey !

Surrey will be a hoot!

Would be keen to ride with you Greg on my Honda XR400 but I have to work on Saturdays. Perhaps we can set up a date for another time. I'll let you know know when I'm going with my usual group and perhaps you can join us if you can make it.

Dave, I ws thinking about you when I originally suggested a Sunday - shame I didn't think about SWMBO too!

This Saturday will be poor consolation for missing Sunday!

Greg

Greg have a look at your diary and see if you can do Sunday the 18th or Sunday the 25th of April on trail bikes (DRZ,XR etc.). I'll get a Surrey or a long Silver Ball (Herts) run together.

I will have a F650 GS Dakar allocated to me in May 2004 to offer tuition from our shop but would be happy to use it to lead a run for GS ER's in Hertfordhsire if there were enough takers. We could do about 80 miles in Herts/Essex and I could plan a route that would be suitable for R1100/1150 GS's as well. We did it for the first time last year with a group of ten and I think that it was a success. GSER's Geoff Saunders, Richard Adler and David Bellis were amongst those who attended. We made it a fun event and issued an attendance certificate to each rider who completed the day. There would be no charge, just riding BMW's for the sheer pleasure of it.

Do you think there would be any takers for this year in May/June/July? we would need to limit it to a group of ten (ish).

Regards

Dave

Count me in

Always up for a ride out. I'm in sunny essex.

Has to be Sundays though. SWMBO wont let me out on Saturday's

I'm off to the Surry bash on Sunday. Just got the KTM added to my insurance, £50.00 third party only.

Dave Halsall said:
........ look at your diary and see if you can do Sunday the 18th or Sunday the 25th of April on trail bikes (DRZ,XR etc.). I'll get a Surrey or a ...........

Regards

Dave

Dave,

The Surrey ride that I lead is a blast, (the one we are doing this Sunday) loads of different terrain to negotiate. In the summer when it's dry I ride round on my GS Adv.

The usual route that I lead is about a 50/60 mile circuit, starts very near Guildford at 10:00 and returns back to the start in the afternoon.

18th or 25th is OK by me. If you like, I'll put out an announcement for another "Tossers & Wombat Hunt" on either of those dates.

Roy.

Blue Sweeper

Yes, you are right, Surrey is a gas. Last time I went, we started and ended near Watery Lane (pissed down on us all day). I usually ride in a group consisting of XR400s and KTM 450/525s.

Talk to Greg Masters and agree a date with him, he knows me and we've been trying to arrange a ride together for jonks. I'll either join your group with you leading or you can join our group next time we are out. I'll take the van so can ferry a couple of extra bikes from the Herts/Essex area if required.

I'm happy to ride at any pace as long as the company is good.

Put the word around about the proposed GS green lane outing and if we get positive feedback, I'll put a date together.

Regards

Dave

Dave Halsall said:
Greg have a look at your diary and see if you can do Sunday the 18th or Sunday the 25th of April on trail bikes (DRZ,XR etc.). I'll get a Surrey or a long Silver Ball (Herts) run together.
Before I read this, I just responded to a PM from Blue Sweeper and suggested 18th April.
Dave Halsall said:
GSER's Geoff Saunders.....
....AKA mrTickle! Unfortunately, one of the biggest TOSSERS on this bulletin board!
The last time I saw him he was riding a girlie's bike around very dubious parts of south London (I think that he originates from south of the Thames too!)
:D:D:D

Greg

A far better day than I had anticipated!

Thanks to Phil Reynolds and mrTickle (now equipped with Honda XR400) for making the journey from sarf of the Thames. We had a great day's riding puctuated (!?!) only by a deflated tyre on the front of my bike.

Tosser of the Day award goes to the RAC who took so long to arrive, that, no small thanks to Phil for hunting down a new tube, we'd fixed the puncture ourselves and we're settled into a pint and our nosebag before the RAC turned up!

Greg

Attachments

• img_1036.jpg
    img_1036.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 87
The 'going' was officially soft to heavy!

Attachments

• img_1035.jpg
    img_1035.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi there Dave

I'm up for joining you guys on the 18th April on my XR. As for Greg Master, I don't know if you know, but he rides his wifes DRz400 and has to seek permission to use it. I think it helps a lot that he rides like a girl, because come borrowing time, he always seems to be able to get it :D. I also think Greg mumbled something about trying to get some more experience before moving up to a full blown XR... :D :D :D

Another GS off-road day sounds good, so I'll keep checking to see if you manage to sort anything out. If there's a spare place, I'd definately be up for joining you again :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom