Volume

nedflanders

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered but here goes, I hooked my Zumo up to the intercom and called the house to see how it would perform, volume was really really low on the house phone, thought it was the intercom so tried it again using the Zumo's built in microphone, exactly the same. Looks like the output of the Zumo for voice is pretty crap! anyone else found this?

Not sure if this has been covered but here goes, I hooked my Zumo up to the intercom and called the house to see how it would perform, volume was really really low on the house phone, thought it was the intercom so tried it again using the Zumo's built in microphone, exactly the same. Looks like the output of the Zumo for voice is pretty crap! anyone else found this?

Mine is fine in the car and on the bike with bluetooth helment, loud and clear :D

Ned,
I am having the same issue. Phone to Zumo via bluetooth, zumo to Automcom 300 using separate cables for the audio (to aux 3) and mic (to aux 1). Sounds OK at my end but people I call say they can hardly hear me.

The volume on my Zumo is generally low as well, ie I have the volume set to 100% and its still very quiet either on the bike through the intercom, or in the car. I don't know if the 2 problems are connected.

Did you ever find a solution to the mic output level?

Ned,
I am having the same issue. Phone to Zumo via bluetooth, zumo to Automcom 300 using separate cables for the audio (to aux 3) and mic (to aux 1). Sounds OK at my end but people I call say they can hardly hear me.

The volume on my Zumo is generally low as well, ie I have the volume set to 100% and its still very quiet either on the bike through the intercom, or in the car. I don't know if the 2 problems are connected.

Did you ever find a solution to the mic output level?

If the sound is not loud and you have it up at 100% then you have not turned it up on the master volume, press the square marked button on the left and turn the volume up there. :blast

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/1374_QuickReferenceGuide.pdf

Last edited:
Master, Media and Navigation volume ALL 100% and its still not very loud even in a quiet office. In a moving car with background noise you need pretty good hearing to make out the instructions.

Master, Media and Navigation volume ALL 100% and its still not very loud even in a quiet office. In a moving car with background noise you need pretty good hearing to make out the instructions.

Ring Garmin. something is not right there then:bow

Ignore me !!!!!!!!! I am typing aload of Bollo*** I didn't read the 1st post correctly I have been giving you info on the 550 :blast:blast:blast

Back
Top Bottom