Nurburgring

NYUK

Reaction score
Looking at doing my first trip abroad and hitting the Nurburgring in Mid July.

Dover to Calais on Sunday 12th through France into Belgium.
Track on Monday (open from 1-7pm)
Back on Tuesday.

Found a recommended local BB. The guy who runs it is an official instructor and take us round. Track should be quiet on a Monday.

Website to the BB is AEAdventures.com
38 euro/night and 14Euro for set meal including drinks, then its however many laps you want to do on the day.

Who’s up for it!

Jason

You need to check your dates, 13/7 it's open 1715-1930 so not much time.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/events.286.0.html.

Single laps are e22 or you can buy a block of 4 for e75 (£68).

I went down last weekend in the car and it is an awesome experience, you need to be careful of the cars though as the red mist comes down and they don't half go for it. Porsches, Lambo's ferrari's, scooby, evo etc they're not hanging about.

On the positive side though, the roads round there are fantastic, some nice twisties and hills, really beautiful.

This would be a good trip to go on peeps.:thumb2

The track is much quieter in the week. We went on a Tuesday on the way back from Garmisch event couple of yrs ago.

Its normally open to the public from around 5pm to 7.30 in the week so I am guessing that your instructor has access for you in the afternoon. If this is the case then it should be even quieter for the first 4hrs .

A mate who I went with went again a couple of years later at the weekend and didnt enjoy it all due to the heavy fast traffic. He's a very quick rider but on an 1150GS therre was too much stuff in the rear view mirrors to worry about at the weekend.

Have fun:thumb

Ian

Back
Top Bottom