TOMTOM 530 Trffic on a GS ?

GSPilot

Hi Guy's,

I am picking up a new 1200 GS next Saturday so I am already looking at some of the practical stuff like GPS for those long Euro trips.

I already have a TomTom 530 Traffic which is a great bit of kit in the car. I wonder if anyone has fitted one of these GPS to a GS?

What Mount did you use?

Where did you mount it?

How did you Power it?

How did you interface the audio to your helmet ?

Any help or advice even if it sys dont bother buy such and such a GPS instead is most welcome.

Cheers

Mark

It'd robably be best in a waterproof pouch (if its raining!) inside the clear map pocket of a tank bag... or the Givi sat nav handlebar bag. I'm sure it's possible to get ram type mounts for it, maybe even a waterproof box one..? It should connect via bluetooth to a helmet headset, or you could use the audio out cable to an Autocom...

A new 1200 GS next Saturday and a TomTom 530 Traffic. I wonder if anyone has fitted one of these GPS to a GS?

What Mount can you use and where ?
RAM-B-149Z or the shorter arm option RAM-B-149ZA (oval rail on LHS of clocks). The mount itself has 1" and 1.25" u-bolts so handlebar or add black shim and go onto oval rail

What Cradle can you use ?
RAM-HOL-TO6

How did you Power it ?
Look under Q~Power in this forum) Q~Power lite series or CLC04B or CLC04BS version depends where power sockets are sited or if additional has been added, obtain from www.gpsw.co.uk.

You could also consider AquaBox RAM-HOL-AQ6 and add RAM-B-202 onto the back of it to form part of the mount and use power cables to access via rear.

Hi Guy's,

I am picking up a new 1200 GS next Saturday so I am already looking at some of the practical stuff like GPS for those long Euro trips.

I already have a TomTom 530 Traffic which is a great bit of kit in the car. I wonder if anyone has fitted one of these GPS to a GS?

What Mount did you use?

Where did you mount it?

How did you Power it?

How did you interface the audio to your helmet ?

Any help or advice even if it sys dont bother buy such and such a GPS instead is most welcome.

Cheers

Mark

I use a Tomtom 510 on Varadero all the time can't fault it, it's got wet and still works and turn the volume up to max and you can still hear it 80mph on the bike no need to bluetooth. Ram mounts do specific brackets to fit the 510,520,530 etc about £12 each then all you need it the adaptor for the other end depending on whre you want to mount it, ie handlebars, master cylinder, crossbar, screen.
I wired a relay into my bike the fitted another power socket and then use the Tomtom lead, you need that to step the power down to 5 volts

Just realised, its a 730 Traffic not a 530. Does that make any difference to it being heard ?

A new 1200 GS next Saturday and a TomTom 530 Traffic. I wonder if anyone has fitted one of these GPS to a GS?

What Mount can you use and where ?
RAM-B-149Z or the shorter arm option RAM-B-149ZA (oval rail on LHS of clocks). The mount itself has 1" and 1.25" u-bolts so handlebar or add black shim and go onto oval rail

What Cradle can you use ?
RAM-HOL-TO6

How did you Power it ?
Look under Q~Power in this forum) Q~Power lite series or CLC04B or CLC04BS version depends where power sockets are sited or if additional has been added, obtain from www.gpsw.co.uk.

You could also consider AquaBox RAM-HOL-AQ6 and add RAM-B-202 onto the back of it to form part of the mount and use power cables to access via rear.

Thanks for that, all parts arrived and fitted. It mounts and looks great. Just waiting for the power cable which I am going to wire into the standard BMW GPS power socket.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom