PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Tiger

Jazbee
24-05-09, 19:10
Had a go on one yesterday at the local dealers. Peach of an engine, nice in the corners, just not 'sorted' the way my GS is. Its hard to pick a second bike when you ride the best in the world already?

Nice 'n' Fat
25-05-09, 09:37
That's very true and the reason why you need something completely different

May I suggest the 1050 Speed Triple :D

Navy Boy
25-05-09, 13:23
You can't go far wrong with it's baby brother, the Street Triple, either. Ruddy love mine and cheaper to boot. :)

t'other dave
25-05-09, 17:12
In what way is the 1050 not sorted? only asking as getting the urge to change bike but having trouble finding owt better than my 1150gs the Triumph looks a possable though.

Jazbee
25-05-09, 19:48
In what way is the 1050 not sorted? only asking as getting the urge to change bike but having trouble finding owt better than my 1150gs the Triumph looks a possable though.

Dave, try it out and you'll understand. Its not that its bad, far from it. It just did not feel 'planted' to me, I jumped back on my GS and thought....your staying:thumb At least till next year when I will trade for another one. I also much prefer the GS over the GSA, take the boxes off for short runs and its as light, fast and nimble as feck:D

The street triple is a lovely little bike, but its just that...its too small for me (6' 1" and 15 ish stone) Speed triple might be fun though and I might give that a go.