Which phones work and which ones don't?

nedflanders

Reaction score
As the title says does your phone work, if not what problems are you having?
My Nokia 5800 pairs but won't repair automatically, also contacts don't always show up.
Sons Nokia 5310 works fine, contacts show up and repairs no problem.

Mine works... Nokia 5800 and Zumo pairing

Haven't got as far as connecting speakers/mike to my Zumo, but have paired it with my Nokia 5800.

Switch off the Zumo and switch it on again, and pairing is reestablished automatically.

But switch off the Nokia and switch it on again, and it isn't - I have to pair them again manually.

However, I dug around in the phone and if you go into "Paired Devices", highlight the Zumo, press "Options", and select "Set as authorised", then it DOES pair again automatically.

Simples...

Tried that, it tries to repair but doesn't quite manage it, just says bluetooth connection failed. Tried a mates 5800 and his does the same, what software are you running on your 5800?, just updated mine and thought that might have done it (key *#0000# to find out). mines on v20.0.012

Same version, 20.0.012, version date 26-01-2009, custom version 20.0.012.217.06, custom version date 02-02-2009.

I've only tried it twice so far, though.

Works fine with various HTC smartphones

Haven't tried it with my HTC (XDA O2 Orbit 2), but then the Nokia is a replacement for that anyway.

The Orbit 2 had started to become unpredictable. In the long term, it wasn't as good as the original XDA Orbit it replaced - its predictive text offerings had become distinctly odd and occasionally the word "crap" would appear unasked in the middle of a text. I soon learned to double check texts before sending them... :D

Nokia N96 doesn't work either, same as 5800, pairs manually then won't re-pair automatically and phonebook is intermittant. Looks like Nokia's new bluetooth protocol isn't Zumo friendly, hope Garmin pull there finger out and do a bluetooth update soon :rolleyes:

660 Pairing

My Nokia N96 works you have the phone book on the 660 but it wont pair back up when you turn off the zumo and back on again. I phoned Garmin yesterday they are aware of the fault and told me there will be a bluetooth update to resolve this fault in 2,3 weeks. :blagblah

Nokia N70 works fine, althoguh you need to download a free app from Nokia for your phonebook to appear on the Zumo :)

Back
Top Bottom