query about destinations

In MapSource, you can enter the coordinates and save as a Waypoint, then transfer to the Zumo.

Only search by address is possible on the Zumo itself, either by postal address or POI etc.

Any use??

Yoy

You can - from memory here
On my 660 -v2.8 etc

WHERE TO - [Down Arrow] - CO-ORDS
Change the format of the co-ords... I know British national grid is in there along with a variety of foreign ones... and also international standards....

does anyone know if you can put map reference co.ordinates in instead of
post codes for a destination ? :nenau

Lat and Lon is very easy to put in, on the 'where to' screen go to the bottom and select coordinates. If your after putting in grid references then on just select 'Ord Srvy GB' the change the format to 'British National Grid'

zumo 660

that sounds the same as the 2610 , the only problem with using the POI is that you dont have a accurate destination , you d have to keep readjusting the map the nearer you get to the destination. Iwould have thought with this day and age techno they would have made it possible to enter grid ref. the same as post codes.

cancel that

You can choose the option (having just gone to get it)

BUT - GARMIN ARE YOU LISTENING :)

You cant type in the first two letters.. i.e the OS Map quadrant that the numbers relate to on an OS map...

At least - you cant on mine!!! YMMV

You can choose the option (having just gone to get it)

BUT - GARMIN ARE YOU LISTENING :)

You cant type in the first two letters.. i.e the OS Map quadrant that the numbers relate to on an OS map...

At least - you cant on mine!!! YMMV

Same issue on mine. Didn't think about the other coordinate options :blast

Long day...

Back
Top Bottom