PDA

View Full Version : still having trouble with the mac

Bryn
04-06-09, 19:04
I've installed roadtrip and converted all the mapsource stuff to work on the mac ok... made routes/waypoints and succesfully sent to gps

I can't seem to work out how to save waypoints/points of interest off this thread... I've downloaded a file converter which doesn't seem to do much..

Its probably something simple...

I double click and save as a gdb... then nothing happens :confused:

Thought I was doing well :(

DaveGSCymro
04-06-09, 19:16
Sorry I can't help you, can't even get mine converted to run on the Mac and still waiting for Apple to get back to me. :(

Bryn
04-06-09, 19:59
Sorry I can't help you, can't even get mine converted to run on the Mac and still waiting for Apple to get back to me. :(

Dave, I ran the conversion programme on the pc and then saved each one onto a memory stick.. not an easy task... then transferred via the memory stick onto the mac.

That part of it is working fine, but its importing other peoples routes etc that I can't bottom.

Making my own and forwarding as a GPX file seems to be working :thumb It shouldn't be apple thats the problem?

DaveGSCymro
04-06-09, 20:13
Dave, I ran the conversion programme on the pc and then saved each one onto a memory stick.. not an easy task... then transferred via the memory stick onto the mac.

That part of it is working fine, but its importing other peoples routes etc that I can't bottom.

Making my own and forwarding as a GPX file seems to be working :thumb It shouldn't be apple thats the problem?

Unfortunately I no longer have a PC. I have Road Trip so I will have a play with some routes.

red1
04-06-09, 22:21
If you haven't got a PC how do you convert Mapsource?

Bryn
05-06-09, 05:31

I'd guess with great difficulty ;)

DaveGSCymro
05-06-09, 05:34

Still waiting for Apple to get back to me.

garfield
05-06-09, 06:14
Are you running this through Bootcamp or some other sort of VM ware like Avanquest......:nenau