Another Surrey Green Lane and Off-Road Tossers Wombat hunt

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
For those of you that haven't been following the other thread's in this forum. It has been decided to hold yet another meeting on Sunday 18th April, starting and finishing at Newlands Corner car park near Guildford on the A25 - Dorking Road.

Streetmap is HERE

Be there or miss out on a fun day. Look forward to about 50/60 miles of dirt with a stop at a pub half way round for lunch.

Please put a posting here if you intend to come along.

Roy.

experience

Turbine

I went on Sunday, I am (was ?) a complete novice on a KTM 520.

It wasn't easy and quite physically demanding but well worth it.

You will get plenty of support from the rest of the group, from riding advice to picking you and your bike up after a tumble. (and you will tumble so make sure you have protection)

We all have to start somewhere.

Dave

oh and it also helps if your name is Dave, at least 25% of the riders on Sunday were Dave's !

Hmm, not got crash bars on her yet so I think I'll give it a miss in that case.

Besides, I'm a David, not a Dave :)

Urk, now I've see the pictures I think you're right. Probably not the ideal first timer's outing.

I fancy summer that....

...put me down for a 'definite maybe'...work allowing...any trailer parking there?
What about security or do you chain it to yer motor?:D

Re: I fancy summer that....

Harv said:
...put me down for a 'definite maybe'...work allowing...any trailer parking there?
What about security or do you chain it to yer motor?:D

I am in, the car park is not easy to find from a basic map so follow another or find a friend that knows the way, the car park is big enough for Cars and Trailers but you have to un-hitch and stick a lock on the trailer (although the carpark was busy from when we left to when we returned so I would put the security risk at minimal).

Come along you will have a great time!

Me..

...too!

By which time I'm hoping PDQ will have "breathed" on the XR and it'll be a lot easier to start!

That's if I ever get it back together again. Whilst she may be nice and clean now I fear I may have ventured past the boundaries of personal knowledge!!

Attachments

• xr02.jpg
    xr02.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 322

Woohoo!!!

Might have picked up the new DRZ by then........will post if I have........:D

Re: DRZ

ktm520 said:
Fanum

I'll pick it up on the way if you want !!

:hapybnce:

Might well take you up on that sir!!

(been wondering since i put my cross on the dotted line how the devil i was gonna get her home :D )

Add me to the list Roy.

Just got the OK from the doc's so I'll be there with my DRZ..

I may duck out after the lunchtime "stop" depends how the old body feels.

Oh and yet another Dave :)

Afternoon

If it's ok I will be joining you guys with a friend in tow, but on my KTM not the GS!

Thanks

Simon Crewe

Sunday Wombat Hunt

I feel sure that yet again we won't find any Wombat's:D But I guess we'll have a good time trying.

For those of you tempted, Nobby went round the course on his GS PD last time. But please be aware that this is not for the faint hearted if you attend on a GS big trail bike. If you are an experienced off-road rider, you are more than welcome to try it on a GS.

For the rest of us and those that don't want to get their shiny GS muddy, we will be using our pogo-stick bikes (mine is orange).

The hunt will start at 10:00 from the usual meeting point at Newlands Corner, on the Dorking road out of Guildford.

MAP IS HERE

Back
Top Bottom