merlings1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
X 650 all loaded and read to ship to Iceland

Attachments

• SS100416.JPG
    SS100416.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 366
Yes you are write half the fun has been getting the bike ready :thumb2 It's a shame TT arn't quicker getting the parts :mad:

yeah i know what you mean when I chopped my HP about the bill was biblical in proportions...

That looks the business Mark, when are you going? Look forward to seeing some pictures, Iceland is on my "to do" list! :thumb
T'other Mark

Hi Mark the bike is been shipped this coming Friday and i fly to Iceland on the 27 June for 3 weeks.
Mark

Hi

Nice looking bike, ideal i think for the interior

Could you give me some details regarding the shipping to Iceland.

I sailed from Scrabster a couple of years ago and would be interested to hear about your trip, i fancy going back there soon on a lighter bike than my 1100

Cheers and have a good trip, its a fantastic country if not a bit expensive.

Simon

I'd be interested to here about some of the costs of the trip. Iceland has been a must do destination for sometime but it was always a bit too expensive and then the sailings were a problem too.

Human biology has since intervened and foreign trips are probably off the agenda for sometime just as the icelandic economy collapses and tourism is probably a much needed form of revenue:blast

Shipping bike from Rotterdam with two Fellow Tosser who live in the Netherlands the shipping cost is 600 euro per bike return. Flight from UK to Iceland £140.00 return we are camping let you know the cost of hole trip on my return.

Thanks for the info.

What are you planning to do when you get over there, do you have a rough itinery. Where you going and for how long to do intend to be over there.

How long does it take to ship the bike and does the fee include for discharging the bike / storage. Does shipper deliver the bike to Seydisfjdur and where do you fly into.

Sounds a good price considering the cost of getting up and back from the top of Scotland (petrol accommodation etc.) and the 3 days you have to spend in the Faroes.

Cheers
Simon

You'll have an excellent time out there, its a fantastic place with some incredible scenery!

I look forward to reading about your trip!

I've been twice both times by 4x4 :)

Have a great time its a stunning place. Try to get to to the viking parliment/althing site, Blue Lagoon, Grunfoss biggest waterfall in europe? gyesyrs, Lanmanaleuger beginning of a great walk down to Thorsmark. Aaaah its endless. Watched a group of Big Beemers trying hard to ford the river at lanmanaleuger nearly twenty years ago whilst laying/drinking/skinydipping in a hot volcanic pool surrounded by snowy mountains and icefields and beautiful scandi women. Half of my rantings are spelt wrong but have a great time. Even the campsite at Havnyafijiordir had a cheap swimming pool with super heated pools. Keep an eye on your lager though or the locals will drink it when your not looking. It was six quid for a half of lager 20 yrs ago AAAAh END

Back
Top Bottom