Headlight protector

My old R80GS had a grill like this in front of the headlight and it was a PITA trying to clean the glass behind the grill. Is this one any better? I like the look much more than the perspex type but the perspex is easier to clean.

mmm,looks like an out of shape tennis racket,and small stones will still get through to the glass,ok for chipping potatoes though when your camping.Andy

Don't like crinkle chips rather have straight :D

Attachments

• schuberthvisorad.jpeg
    schuberthvisorad.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 401
headlamp protector

Andy

Have you had a fresh batch of headlamp protectors made

yet? When I spoke to you at the BMF you were just about to

have a new lot made, Ive got Guitarmans problem ( hole in low

beam unit) for the same reason ( headlamp protector didn't look

like important accessory )

CHEERS GUV

ANDY

where from

Can you tell me the various suppliers of these protectors, as I'd like to get one, and if someone is having a batch made, then I'd like one too. I see the adventure has one..... which I assume is available from BMW? Anyone fitted one of those? are they any good? how much are they?

Many thanks

Will

(Don't tell Greg McDonald where to get 'em from)

The above mentioned "Potato chipper" is only sold by M-Tec in Germany, but they deliver all over Europe. Ordered it yesterday by fax, got an e-mail today it was posted!

The perspex headlight protector is a Touratech article.

The standard adventure headlight protector has two clear disadvantages; I know off several ppl who lost it while riding,
because it's not bolted on! The second disadv is even bigger
potato-slices..

About the small stones coming through the wire; I had a similar
construction on the H&B crashbars, and in several years off use,
no stones came through, no "loose chippings" in Ireland, and no
Spanish, Icelandic or Norwegian gravel...

Zwerver - any idea where I can get the H&B one from? I have the Top Tank Bars, but haven't been able to find the headlight protector grill.

Cheers

David,

a friend of mine just ordered the H&B bars last week.
I'll ask him this weekend where he ordered them...
Mine came from Wunderlich, but I'm not sure they still have the H&B crashbars since they now sell their own type...

Perhaps mailing to Wunderlich might help...

In German this part is called "Schutzgitter" ...

Paul Young said:
My old R80GS had a grill like this in front of the headlight and it was a PITA trying to clean the glass behind the grill. Is this one any better? I like the look much more than the perspex type but the perspex is easier to clean.

Ignore Will Statt's comment about not letting me know where to get the chipper basket covers! I've got the perspex ones and they're just fine (though I've only had them - and the bike! - for a week). Since one is likely to clean flies off lights more than one is likely to be faced with perspex-breaking rocks hitting one's light, it seems to me to be a no-brainer - the perspex ones are more practical, until they fall off! I'll just have to order a replacement when that happens!

:p

I see the adventure has one..... which I assume is available from BMW? Anyone fitted one of those? are they any good? how much are they?
Hi Will
Got mine 2nd hand from mike o, new there £80
Pretty useless against anything smaller than a brick
fitted a perspex inner that works well
as Zwerver said there not bolted on so i have a small cable leash
attatched from the guard to the screen fixing

Pic, see above post

Gauloises

Zwerver said:
Simon,

To find the Scheinwerferschutz, try the following steps:

1. www.boxer-parts.com
2. Choose German language (Flag)
3. Choose Shop
4. Click on the key to enter the shop
5. Choose Aluteile IV
6. Scroll a bit down!

Aha . . . it's a lampengitter! At first I did (1) above, chose the British flag but everything proceeded in German (doh!); did (3) and (4); and then clicked on "scheinwerfer" which I took to be a reasonable location for finding a "scheinwerferschutz". Silly me.

Thanks for the tour guide. Got it now.

PS For everybody else, this should take you straight there:
http://www.gs-fun-factory.de/html/hauptteil_de-aluteile4.html

Simon E.

This M Tec thingy looks just like the new Touratech grille. Perhaps they are one and the same? I've bought one (from Bracken) and love it.

Back
Top Bottom