map/routing problem with quest 1

on a quest

Hello, I'm new here, as a registered person anyway. :blagblah
I have a Garmin Quest 1 and when doing a route on the comp' it wont follow the roads accurately and so when loaded on the "device" she says we are off route quite a lot. This is a very VERY annoying problem :mad:
Might there be a person(s) out there, or indeed on here that knows of this and could be of assistance, if so please help me and I could get well again :comfort.
Many thanks, on a quest.

Sounds like the maps your planning the route on the PC aren't the same ones that you have on the Quest. Are you sure all the map tiles required for the route are loaded on the Quest. Note that every time you load new maps on the Quest it wipes all the other ones off it.

Thanks for your quick reply Whatton, do you live here?
Both the comp' and the unit have 09 loaded. If I was to select a destination on the unit, it would take me there without any probs, but when constructing a route on the computer with the route tool, it doesn't follow the road, it tends to weave all over and this is when she goes off on a snotter.
When you do a route with the tool does your highlight stay on the road?
Thanks, on a quest.

Just a thought, but if your route is not following the roads in Mapsource (which it should) go to Edit/Preferences/Routing and check that the box 'auto routing' is selected, not 'direct routes'.

Many thanks Tomcat, done that and it was already set on auto, just to see, I changed it to direct and thats just what it did so back to auto it went.
Thanks again, on a quest.

Back
Top Bottom