Autocom L1 - Bluetooth Module & Zumo 660/Any

original_concept

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of the new Autocom Logic Hub with the internal BT module paired up with a Zumo 660 etc?

Does it work ok; just the same as the wired setup in regard to audio quality etc?

Cheers.

In answer to my own question:

No, using the BT setup results in a far lower audio quality (much lower) than using wired.

Plus it keeps connecting/disconnecting.

Pretty hacked off with it, a lot of money for nothing.

Right...

The problem *is* the Zumo 660.

Having read all about the BT module used by Autocom (http://kcwirefree.com/docs/AZ2100_Datasheet.pdf), I did begin to wonder that the Autocom wasn't the weak link.

So, next idea was to pair up a Blackberry Bold with the Autocom; playing back audio from the BB is beautiful, sounds lovely. Unlike the Zumo which sounds like the output has been downsampled to 8khz before being pushed out over BT.

Arrghhh...

Warning: the Zumo 660 when paired to an Autocom L1 using the Internal Bluetooth module will not work in stereo.

Garmin may fix this in the future.

As my young daughter is keeping moi awake... I noticed ECM's post re: 3.10 for the 660.

So, a quick update later and a quick trundle off to test the 660 with the Autocom L1.

Blimey, pairing was 100%; hit the Media Player and got sweet stereo over BT for the first time :)

Decided on powering off the 660, big mistake; all back to mono again. But it getting better.

CBA to do any more testing, but the Garmin Firmware merry-go-round is in full swing now.

Back
Top Bottom