Zumo 660 wont boot...

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
OK - Had it ~2 weeks. Tonight when I switch it on, it starts, loads maps, switches off, and repeats as above. Have taken battery out for a proper re-start, and have tried it plugged into the mains. No joy.

Will try Garmin tech support in the morning, but any ideas in the mean time?

Ta
Mike

No but their replacement policy works a treat... I had a 660 on which the audio packed up. Got a replacement one a few days later with the 2010 maps installed, which saved a bit of mucking around. As the original unit had the 2009 maps installed.

OK - Had it ~2 weeks. Tonight when I switch it on, it starts, loads maps, switches off, and repeats as above. Have taken battery out for a proper re-start, and have tried it plugged into the mains. No joy.

Will try Garmin tech support in the morning, but any ideas in the mean time?

Ta
Mike

Try a hard reset but you may lose some Favourites and other saved data.

Press and hold the bottom right of the screen. Keep pressing and switch on the unit. Keep pressing and after 3-5 seconds it will start the reboot process.

Once rebooted, leave it in clear line of sight of the sky for a while (up to 30 mins) to reorient itself.

Try Garmin support first, though.

Just been onto Garmin tech support and got that hard-reset tip from them, and was just going to post it here !

That fixed the problem.

But as its a hard reset, trashes all your settings.

And there's no way of backing up your settings !!! :blast

By settings I mean volume, north up as opposed to 3D, mph as opposed to kmh, bluetooth parings etc etc. Fine if a hard reset is needed once in a blue moon; not funny if its a regular occurrence. Waypoints and tracklogs can of course be backed up.

Oops! Sorry!

I found it didn't take too long to redo everything, but it is a pain, I agree. There's always something you've forgotten when you're miles from anywhere...:blast

At least you can now get lost with an accuracy of 10 metres, again :thumb

Oops! Sorry!

I found it didn't take too long to redo everything, but it is a pain, I agree. There's always something you've forgotten when you're miles from anywhere...:blast

At least you can now get lost with an accuracy of 10 metres, again :thumb

No apology needed. I sincerely hope that's the first and last hard reset required...but we'll see. They can swap it out if it does it again.

Back
Top Bottom