Anybody any experience with the Road Angel Adventurer 7000

Assuming that it really is waterproof then its an interesting alternative to a Zumo, but there is no motorcycle mount listed. Also, the power source appears to be a conventional cigar lighter plug so one would have to be wired up where the rain didn't fall (or recharge the internal battery at the end of each ride?). Road Angel have been around for a while but where I work (we sell car parts, cycles and in-car technology) I can't remember when we last sold a Road Angel of any sort.

I had one..

Got rid of it on flea bay after they wouldn't accept that there was a fault with it as it kept on freezing up.
I bought a cycle mount for it so I could use it on the bike and it worked well off road loaded with 'Memory Map' OS maps - with limited battery life.
Never tried to charge it on the bike as by this time I was sick of it freezing up and being told the usual shyte " It's working fine here sir..." when I sent it back.

It is almost the perfect satnav for a bike as it takes OS maps and it would be if they made a Zumo style charging cradle and made it all waterproof- AND FIXED THE FREEZING ISSUE!!!:mad:

But I doubt that I'd by a Road Angel product again after I got nicked for speeding and the copper commented- " Ha! A Road Angel- they don't work, watch this" and proceeded to hold his speed gun against the unit and hit the trigger at point blank range- the Road Angel didn't 'see' anything... Decent copper that he was, he only booked me for 40 in a 30:bow:clap.

( This wasn't the 7000 but their top of the range detector that was supposed to detect everything...)

Frogger as a fully fledged user, suggest you use the search function to find previous comments/threads.

Here's a couple.. on a rebadged Holux device which has been branded Road Angel. I am no fan of it and as these threads record got hacked with RA telling their customers after buying it, to come to me to sort out the mounting until I had a few words with these w*nkers.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102503&highlight=road+angel

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114077&highlight=road+angel

For that money I would get a Garmin .. maybe a nuvi 550

Had two , both sent back drove me nuts :blast same issues as wully .
did a bit of off roading last year and lots of the off roads lads use them as the OS maps are great but even they admitted it has its faults and some had swapped back to garmins
my advice avoid :D

Rawly

Back
Top Bottom