Hotel in Dubrovnic

Gipsy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Think we may be able to make it to Croatia in September. I wonder if anyone has personal experience of a nice ( hopefully not too expensive ) hotel in Dubrovnic with secure parking for the bikes.

From what I've worked out I think that anywhere near to the old town / in it will be expensive and probably wont have parking. Reading the Rough Guide a sensible option seems to rent appartments, but many of them have a minimum stay length. With that in mind, if we go next year we'll probably be stopping at Split, Dubrovnik and Rovinj for three nights because of the stay length thing. Be interested how you get on.

Bit of a hijack I know :mmmm but if anyone has used the Croatian appartments, do they supply bedding and towels?

APPTS

THE LAST TIME MYSELF AND CIVIL WERE THERE WE RENTED AN APPT WITH GARAGE FOR VERY LITTLE , WE JUST TOOK OUR TIME AND SUSED OUT SOME OF THE WOMEN PLYING THIER ROOMS AND APPTS TO RENT FROM THE SIDE OF THE ROAD . THERE WERE NO SHORTAGE OF THEM.

I stayed in Mostar and just done a couple of day trips to Dubrovnic.

Mostar
dscf0076ajw.jpg

Dubrovnic
img0196lsa.jpg

img0197e.jpg

Why not try out the village of Cavtat which just down the coast from Dudbrovnik.

There are plenty of hotels and the one we stayed cost me 30 euros a night complete with a good parking space

A mate had pre-booked a apartment in Dubrovnik and had to leave his bike on a very busy street

Cavtat I think was brilliant as you can for about a tenner catch a boat right into the old town of Dubrovnik

It also has another advantage if you fancy flying as the town is only 15 mins from the airport (so I have been told) and some of the cheap airlines go there therefore its a cheap place to visit for the weekend

Peter

We got a nice 1 bed apartment for €50 a night about 3km from the old town.
Apartment was a home away from home. Also a laundrette was close.
A good pit stop to break up the journey.
The owners were very nice people and the place has secure parking.
If you want contact details PM me.

Why not try out the village of Cavtat which just down the coast from Dudbrovnik.

There are plenty of hotels and the one we stayed cost me 30 euros a night complete with a good parking space

A mate had pre-booked a apartment in Dubrovnik and had to leave his bike on a very busy street

Cavtat I think was brilliant as you can for about a tenner catch a boat right into the old town of Dubrovnik

It also has another advantage if you fancy flying as the town is only 15 mins from the airport (so I have been told) and some of the cheap airlines go there therefore its a cheap place to visit for the weekend

Peter

Any chance you can remember the name of the hotel in Cavtat?

Any chance you can remember the name of the hotel in Cavtat?

At first I could not but I went looking and as soon as I saw the name I knew it was the one

Hotel Stanovic

It was up the hill a bit and we paid about 30 euros per night although I paid in Local currency but it was about 30 Euros

We stayed in room R04 which had good views from the veranda

We did not prebook but just found the place when we got there

I seem to remember that the owners English was excellent therefore you could even ring them to make a booking

The town is full of Restaurants and you can grab a boat to head towards the old town of Dubrovnik

Do note that the hotel is a little up the hill buts its only about 10 minutes but how else would you get a view

I hope this helps

Peter

Back
Top Bottom