special offer g450x

Brommer

Reaction score
IN some county's on the main land (germany and belgium) the is a special offer when bying a new g450x.
For 250 euro extra you get an factory replica set.A slipon, factory stickers and chain protection(as i had shonw before on this forum).

Also the will be a spare part kit and a special offer on wheels??

So check youre dealer if it is in GB as well.
I havent heard any thing in the netherlands yet, but this news is stil hot from the oven...
\

luckaly the g650xch is a big hit in sales.......... are the still produced?

perhaps youre right perhaps youre wrong......
but i dont think the wil spent all that money on th wec and other cross counrty series just for one year.

perhaps youre right perhaps youre wrong......
but i dont think the wil spent all that money on th wec and other cross counrty series just for one year.

BMW have dropped plenty of bikes, due to poor sales

G Series Xmoto and XChallenge

R1200 Cruiser and its variants

R1200S/R1200ST

450X's aren't flying out of the showrooms here.......................most are hard to sell in the UK and the secondhand market is awash with hardly ised examples too

Dealers here in Kiwi land cannot sell any of the 450's even the 650x was hard to sell. I can not see the 450 lasting more than three years just like the 650x

BMW_G450X_RRE_2010.jpg

but for the other bikes they didn,t spend that kind of money for int. racing.
lets wait an see. the biggest problem is that the most dealers arn,t that offroad minded and don,t that market... there isn,t enough different offroad products at the dealer etc..

I agree with you on this one Brommer, BMW dealers seem to show a preference to 'shaft' driven rather than chain driven models.

I've managed to find a dealer whose showing enthusiasm for the bike but this itself is not selling them in the numbers they need to get the experience within the distribution and parts on the shelf.

Are there any brands flying off the shelves at the moment?

Got to say though I think the other reason the BM isn't 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice for some is the way everybody slates the bike or any individual who owns one.

I believe in the majority of cases the bike is more than capable for the majority of applications, lets face it, for most the bike is more capable than the rider!

Maybe BMW should show some goodwill to current owners by offering said parts kit, it may encourage some to hang in there and take the grief from the non believeers for that little bit longer.

I think also a statement from BMW putting to rest the ruomours of life expectancy would also (heres praying) do wonders for their current sales performance and residual value.

I know (from a internet forum) the suspension man of WP who is at every WEC rally to adjust the suspension of all the factory riders (juha, DK but also every one els who rides with the WP suspension).

The bmw is a good bike as good or bad as any other. for the happy few who ride at DIvid knight and Juha speeds, its feels different.
Simo kirsi who has ride this bike for the last years and helped defelp it dont feel it(but he is a bit slower ....)
For all the others who,s name is not in the top 5 WEC will never reach those speeds and will never feel something different then other bikes.
The WEC is high speed sprint specials and time is noted . A cross country(like the gncc and the german astria cross country are 3-4 hours non stop racing and the speed is there for a bit slower overall. In a WEC the have to give 110 procent at cross country the go at 90-95 procent. Simo kirsi is the 2008 winner of the XC germany astria and in 2009 he has won 5 times in a row last XC he did bad 5th place.
The bike isnt bad. but it is a bit different at first took me 4 5 hours to get used to it, now i really love the bike and it goes faster every time.
The people who have ridden my bike(stock suspension) all were impressed by the engine output(liniar) and the suspension. These people came from WR450f with tuned suspension, and ktm with tuned suspension.

now the bmw dealers should change and put a offroad corner in there shop with stuff of the shelf and the understanding that if you ride every week there cannot be any BACKORDER.

ps the special g450x is in germany from 15 july to 30 september.
there are also race goodies/kit, like different clutch(sinterd i bed) bougie's braking stuff etc..

The 450 is a racing bike not a weekend adventure bike there lies the problem. The servicing cost of the bike puts 99% of interested buyers off buying the bike as well the maximum speed you can run the bike if you want to keep the warranty.

yeah but so is a exc wr crf etc, and they are sold good.
The bmw people are more the long ride people and non bmw people will not go to the bmw dealer to buy a dirtbike.......

that warenty, no dirt bike rider has intrein that, all the other brands have 1 month policy huskvarna as a warenty but just like bmw all the service has to be done......

the offroad aproach of bmw is not ideal at the dealers/marketing of bmw.

I bet if they sold them at a offroad store who selss husaberg ktm yamaha honda etc(multi dealer) the weresold more, going to one brand dealer aspacaly bmw scares folk....

The reason i bought the g450x is because i had a good relationship with my dealer and trust....
I was chosing between Husvarna, gas gas , aprilia..(i wanted Ijection no carbs). but there were non dealers of them in my neigberhood.
KTM and the 4 japs were enough around. I like the idea of the g450x but because of my dealer i bought the g450x. If one of the 4 japsor ktm had a 450 injection fulled i would go for them at that time....

enduro mx people wont go to a bmw store.
Offroad green leaners etc yes they go to the bmw store

yeah but so is a exc wr crf etc, and they are sold good.
The bmw people are more the long ride people and non bmw people will not go to the bmw dealer to buy a dirtbike.......

that warenty, no dirt bike rider has intrein that, all the other brands have 1 month policy huskvarna as a warenty but just like bmw all the service has to be done......

the offroad aproach of bmw is not ideal at the dealers/marketing of bmw.

I bet if they sold them at a offroad store who selss husaberg ktm yamaha honda etc(multi dealer) the weresold more, going to one brand dealer aspacaly bmw scares folk....

The reason i bought the g450x is because i had a good relationship with my dealer and trust....
I was chosing between Husvarna, gas gas , aprilia..(i wanted Ijection no carbs). but there were non dealers of them in my neigberhood.
KTM and the 4 japs were enough around. I like the idea of the g450x but because of my dealer i bought the g450x. If one of the 4 japsor ktm had a 450 injection fulled i would go for them at that time....

enduro mx people wont go to a bmw store.
Offroad green leaners etc yes they go to the bmw store

I agree:comfort

BMW will take years to change from adventure bike riders to fully dirt bike riders. If they want to succeed then all the dealers will have to organise events for these types of bikes. All our dealer seems to do is nothing at all, just sells and services bikes. The other brands of bikes get out there and sponsor and organise events. I mean having no BMW support crew at events just shows it's a total wast of time. BMW should spend on adventure events and support there best selling bikes like the 1200gs they have certainly lost there way.

Back
Top Bottom