motronic memory loss?? 1150gs

andy malton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi all ,
does the motronics loose it,s memory if the battery is flat?
because my bike will not run past 3k rpm after fitting a remus and Y piece, before this the bike was last started october and of coarse the battery will not last that long without going flat , i have checked everything there is to check i even put the standard exhaust back on to satisfy myself i have put new plugs in and a fresh fuel filter , made sure all pipes are where they should be , checked cables , relays , all electrical connections but nothing . help cheers andy.

TPS Reset

Andy,

have you done a TPS reset since you charged the battery?

If I remember correctly, you need to pull No. 5 fuse, reinsert, turn on ignition (don't start engine), twist the throttle fully open a couple of times, and switch off again. This should reset the Throttle Position Sensor.

It may be a shot in the dark, but you never know.

Steve.

Fooling the metronic 'brain'

Yes you need to do the Fuse 5 and TPS test otherwise its 'puddled'.

With everything switched off, remove fuse 5, count to 10 and then replace the fuse. This will neutralise your settings.

Then do the TPS test which you do by switching on the ignition. open the throttle then let it snap back, then repeat. Then turn off the ignition. Then turn it on and immediately sdtart the enging. That should sort it.

Did you remember to reconnect the lambda sensor in the Y piece ? If not that will also screw up the brain.

Oh how I love the simplicity of my Royal Enfield !!!:beer:

Re: Fooling the metronic 'brain'

David Short said:
Yes you need to do the Fuse 5 and TPS test otherwise its 'puddled'.

With everything switched off, remove fuse 5, count to 10 and then replace the fuse. This will neutralise your settings.

:

i think this is only succesful on the 1100, the 1150 might need your friendly Bm dealer diagnostic comp.

Re: Re: Fooling the metronic 'brain'

Steptoe said:
i think this is only succesful on the 1100, the 1150 might need your friendly Bm dealer diagnostic comp.
It's the same with the 1150. The 1150 owners manual even states to do the above when replacing the battery.

Back
Top Bottom