Lavanders in south France

asnore

Reaction score
My girlfriend is willing to see a lavander fields in south france and I am also a bit thirsty for a longer trip, so we decided to take this trip from saturday or friday afternoon till tuesday:
http://tinyurl.com/m3ub78
Togeather from my place it is 2.4 k km round trip. Do you think this is overkill for 4 days?
We want to keep it low budget, so probably we will stay at camp sites. Is there anybody else interested in such a trip starting this week?

Regards,
Andris

My record is 1300km in 13 hours from Berlin to Riga, but I enjoyed it because I was getting back home with a GS first time :) Now I wouldn' t enjoy it.
Maybe I have to postpone the trip to August. After calming down and thinking second time, it does not seem reasonable to make these long highway runs.

A

Try Sussex

We've got lavender fields here in Sussex. lovely scenery, good pubs, much closer and with the state of the pound, probably much cheaper.

Can't guarantee the bl**dy weather though...:(

I've done that route a few times. You'll be doing the Millau bridge then :thumb2

on my own I'd be happy to do that but two up on my 800 I think my girlfriend would complain. It depends how hardcore your girlfriend is and how you feel two up on such a long run.

It's raining in the UK again :rolleyes: so my choice would always be the South of France. You just cant beat it. The whole pound / Euro argument really has little bearing on a motorcycling / camping trip. It might do if you fly a family of 4 to Greece.

As you are already in Euroland I wish you well and hope you have a great trip whatever you decide :comfort

I'm tempted to go myself next week :cool

Back
Top Bottom