X Challenge purchase price...?

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
How much is an '08 X Challenge with ~1300 miles worth? Just thinking of getting one...

(Have had a brief foray with a G450X, absolutely loved it, but just sent it back for a refund 'cos need jump leads to start the damned thing every time, and has a cracked crank. Waiting on closure there).

How much is an '08 X Challenge with ~1300 miles worth? Just thinking of getting one...

(Have had a brief foray with a G450X, absolutely loved it, but just sent it back for a refund 'cos need jump leads to start the damned thing every time, and has a cracked crank. Waiting on closure there).

Whatever Woolaston's want to charge for it??????

Seriously, with so few on the market you will have a tough time getting a bargain.

Whatever Woolaston's want to charge for it??????

Seriously, with so few on the market you will have a tough time getting a bargain.

What's Wollastons got to do with it? The one I've seen is advertised for sale privately.

Seriously, what sort of price is reasonable for one of these '08 beasties with ~1300 miles on the clock?

Wollastons have one like you described at £3995. Be aware that although 1-2yrs ago dealers couldn't give em away they seem to sell used quite quickly now .

After a DR-Z and G450X, a G650X seems slightly odd. Too heavy to be a decent trail bike, too small to be a decent road bike (but probably an OK compromise if you only have one bike)

:confused:

Greg

After a DR-Z and G450X, a G650X seems slightly odd. Too heavy to be a decent trail bike, too small to be a decent road bike (but probably an OK compromise if you only have one bike)

:confused:

Greg

In the right hands, they're not too shabby on the trail

They've won quite a few trail bike rallies in the UK, against better bikes (on paper) and Si Pavey did ok in the recent Dakar on one

Best trail bike I've ridden (and i've had a few including KTM/DR/XR etc)

£3500 to £4k nowadays

In the right hands, they're not too shabby on the trail

They've won quite a few trail bike rallies in the UK, against better bikes (on paper) and Si Pavey did ok in the recent Dakar on one

Best trail bike I've ridden (and i've had a few including KTM/DR/XR etc)

Do you still have the rear air shock on the bike

Do you still have the rear air shock on the bike

Yes.................but having ridden a XCountry with a normal shock, i'm not totally convinced about the airshock

With the airshock...................the faster you go, the better it is

With the airshock...................the faster you go, the better it is

The going fast bit it handles fine, I find it all goes to pot when you roll off the gas and the shock is taking a hammering. it then turns the bike into a bit of a bucking bronco. I've looked at the rebound on the shock, and it's already set on maximum...

As soon as i've got the cash the air shock is going....

Before you jump in on the G650X have a look at the Husky TE610.I sold my 650 a few months ago for £4500 it was mint and one year old - the Husky is much more of a dual sport and a little less of a handful off road.Whatever you do take a test ride on the G650X the engine is a peach but the gearbox must have come from a tractor! I think the Husky is just a little more off road biased and still has the 2 year warranty.

Jay B

Back
Top Bottom