Top Box on 2009 GSA

Big Derek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I am a little confused "don't take much" I have been looking around for sometime for a new helmet to wear on my GSA. I wear a aria RamIII open face when riding my GL1800 Goldwing, no bother the top box takes both mine and my missus helmets when we park up.

But when I am riding GSA which 99.9% of time is solo riding I always have to carry my helmet around. I have tried the Uvex Carbon Enduro and find it a great helmet and have orderd one. But here is my " long winded " question dont want to carry it around when i stop. So I am thinking of a TOP BOX having only seen them on other bikes I am unsure as to what its all about, I saw a chap at the local IAM the other week ride off with a GS not a GSA he had a Plastic box that I am told expands? presume it takes a Enduro helmet but having just rang my BMW shop some 80 miles away they say If I want the Vario Plastic Box I need a plastic rack, a base plate, a box etc etc cost around £450! As its only normally fitted on the GS not the GSA:nenau

Or the stock BMW alloy box and bracket at around £350.00
Then someone has mentioned Givi ????????
Can you offer me any opinions as to what to buy for one XL Enduro styled helmet carrying box?????

And if the plastic/alloy style expandable box is OK for the GSA or is it just GS?

Thanks

Big D:)

I can fit my XL Shoei Hornet into my GSA aluminium top box with no trouble at all. :D I can't imagine that the Uvex Carbon Enduro :thumb is any bigger than the Shoei. Also, you can pick up a new GSA top box from a dealer for around £300 these days.

I can fit my XL Shoei Hornet into my GSA aluminium top box with no trouble at all. :D I can't imagine that the Uvex Carbon Enduro :thumb is any bigger than the Shoei. Also, you can pick up a new GSA top box from a dealer for around £300 these days.

They rang me back now with £322 but price is less of a issue, I am glad that you have told me you can fit a Enduro helmet into the BMW std Top Box. Did you consider th eexpanding Vario idea?

Big D

They rang me back now with £322 but price is less of a issue, I am glad that you have told me you can fit a Enduro helmet into the BMW std Top Box. Did you consider th eexpanding Vario idea?

Big D

The aluminium top box and panniers came with the GSA so changing them wasn't an issue. Actually, I have just had a look and there is even a bit of spare room with the helmet inside.

Back
Top Bottom