New Triumph Trophy?

llotse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was stuck in traffic in the car today. Overtaking along the outside came what looked like a Triumph Trophy but as it got closer I could see it was much more modern looking. As it passed I saw the Triumph logo on the tank in silver raised lettering. Pulled in a couple of cars in front so I could see it was shaft drive on RHS with can on the LHS. Panniers colour coded to the bike (beige/gold colour) and the rear light was two round clusters of LED's. It was fully faired and quite large aka Pan Euro and RT. It was 09 reg and looked very smart. Anyone know anything about them? I liked the old 1200 trophy.

No such thing as a 09 Plate Trophy or a Trophy with shaft drive someone must have rebadged another bike.
I can't see Triumph running a fully badged test mule.

I was in Beverley, East Yorkshire. It was so like a trophy I actually thought it was a late one at first. Took the time to phone Triumph head office and got through to sales. I was told that they had no information on the bike but the guy I spoke to said 'the test riders don't normally go that far'. Wonder if they were testing its touring capabilities? It may have been something re-badged but I have looked at images of every other tourer I can think of, nothing looks like that. Everything about the shape of the fairing, the front lights, etc said Triumph Trophy to me and I was surprisingly sober.

On a recent visit to a Triumph dealer in Elsmere Port I mentioned to the sales guy that as an ex Trophy owner Triumph now has nothing in their range that I would buy. Saleman said that Triumph plan on bringing out two new models evey year and a new Trophy might not be that far away.

Triumph are well known for testing badged new models on the road and "accidently" getting photographed doing so buy the tabliod bike press.

Back
Top Bottom