Opinions on this unit please....

Probably good enough for use in a car, but I doubt if it would be waterproof for use on a bike such as a Zumo550, or 660.

If it's a unit for use on a bike you're after then StreetPilot 2610's come up for sale pretty often here at reasonable money for a first time unit.

4.3 x 3.3cm screen... it's tiny you'd never see it

better getting something that really fits the bill... spend about £80-£120 on a secondhand 2610 or quest... it might even come with bike mount... also where are you planning to use it? if you live in Australia the mapping will be no use to you

4.3 x 3.3cm screen... it's tiny you'd never see it

better getting something that really fits the bill... spend about £80-£120 on a secondhand 2610 or quest... it might even come with bike mount... also where are you planning to use it? if you live in Australia the mapping will be no use to you

I think Bishop Auckland is somewhere in the north of England Tuned :D

I have one of these, my first GPS. Fine for use in the car (SWMBO still uses it because it's so easy to use). Pretty hopeless on the bike, too small, not waterproof and will only to A-B (via a mid point) navigation with the GPS deciding what route to take which makes it no good for recreational motorcycling.

RAM do a mount for it if you must, have a plastic bag in your pocket for when it rains and don't expect to plan a trip following the roads you want to ride on.

... spend about £80-£120 on a secondhand 2610 or quest... it might even come with bike mount...
Thats last years prices, 2610 are going up in value. Especially if you manage to get one with 2008/2009 software...

IMHO anything above V9 is OK but before no good.

Just sold my 2610 with 2008 for 150£ and bought another with 2009 for 150££££

Thats not including the ram bits... another 30quidish

HTH

Back
Top Bottom