A Dual-Sport Bike(GS) needs a Dual-Sport boot.

boundless

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Surely?

The Viberg Explorer:-

251_explorer.jpg

Strange I've never yet been offered the chance to blow a load of money on these.

Any one heard anything good? (Or bad.)

Made in B.C. now.

Mmmmh! Eh? Like I needed an excuse to visit again....

skiiiiiiiinhead, skiiiiiinhead..................

Do they also do a green pilot jacket with CE armour?

There's F-all ankle support, so I wouldn't like to fall over on the rocks and trap my foot under the bike.

Come to think of it, a couple hours stood on the pegs off road would probably kill my ankles too, but I'm sure a real man would cope!

There's probably gayer motorcycle boots on the market...not many mind :D

Broken ankles resulting from flailing legs are one of the most common injuries suffered by motorcyclists - after broken wrists/collar bones - so consider the ankle protection carefully.

Regarding these boots, they're poorly designed for road use. Road boots should never be fitted with laces - laces erode pretty instantly in a slide down the tarmac, to be followed quickly by the disappearance of a now-loose boot.

Off-road I imagine the last thing you want is your boot snagging/catching in the undergrowth as you pass by...

However I imagine they will be ideal for a Village People get-together

Tony

They are a poor mans copy of the Whites smoke jumpers, which are De-rigour if your in the forest fire fighting buisness, about the best boots I have ever owned, designed for those wearing them for long periods, the only thing I will wear if I have to be on my feet all day, worn them for 24 hrs at a stretch and still comfortable. Completely rebuild-able by whites. I find the ankle support to be as good as most of the bike boots I have bought, with the exception of proper off road boots, not supposed to be waterproof but they are pretty much due to the oiled leather, had to replace the leather laces but they are supplied as they dont catch fire in the same way as cotton and nylon.
All in all after over 30 years in the army and police, I have never had a better more comfortable set of boots.

p.s. I did have to take the brush guards off the bottom of the laces, they were a bit much, but they are designed to stop brush and and the like getting stuck under the bottom of the laces they are I believe a requirement for fire fighting boots

http://www.whitesboots.com/store/Whites_Boots.php

Back
Top Bottom