Taking it a little easier on the Tour

Magnum

Reaction score
I wanted to give some information and reassurance to those that would prefer to take it a little easier on the tour :rob

I hope that I have been clear in my desire to create a fantastic motorcycle trip for all participants that focusses on the joys of riding mountain passes in and around the Swiss Alps. My initial thread and further clarification confirms that "The focus for this trip is quality riding through the Swiss Alps with as many high altitude passes as possible." I trust that the group feels I have provided this within the itinerary for days 1 to 5 published so far.

On the basis that you can never please all of the people all the time, I believe there may be one or two of you that would prefer to take it a little easier. If you would prefer to do so then that is absolutely fine. It is my job as tour organiser to suggest a route for the day - a route that I hope most of you will follow. But if you find it too much, don't worry, you have options.

Take a short cut. So far days 1, 2, 4 and 5 all have opportunities to do so and in some cases the reduction in riding time is substantial. The route I have chosen maximises the opportunity to ride as many mountain passes and picturesque roads as possible, but if you'd prefer to do other things all morning or afternoon and take the motorway to our evening destination that's entirely up to you. If you'd prefer you could ride the most direct route to the Hotel, drop off your kit, then ride around without luggage.

There are a few important points to remember. Due to the mountainous terrain there is often only one way in to and one way out of an evening destination. Also the routes I have chosen really do maximise the opportunity to ride the most scenic routes. If there are other routes or passes close by that have not featured so far, remember on Day 6 we turn round and start riding West so I have deliberately left some passes for the last few days.

Most days so far have between 5 and 5 1/2 hours riding per day. If we say 5 1/2 hours and we start at 9am and finish at 6pm, this leaves enough time for 1hr lunch and 5 x 1/2 hour stops throughout the day which I think is a fairly steady pace.

Please remember this is your holiday :Motomartin I'm here to make it as enjoyable as possible for the majority but you are free to do whatever you want providing we all meet up at our evening destination. If we didn't do that we wouldn't be in a group.

I hope this helps :)

It's hard to predict right now how welcome a "rest day" will be,especially after 5 or more consecutive day's riding, it's nice to have the option of a "short cut" giving the opportunity of an easy day,looks good to me :thumb2

The routes and mileages look well thought out with plenty of short cut options.
The weather will no doubt play a part and coax some of us into taking an easy route on one or more days. Planning for great riding every day provides us with choices.

Keep up the good work Mags :)

Back
Top Bottom