Motorbike cam/recording equipment

Ollie GBR

Reaction score
After my last trip through souther Europe, I yearned for camcorder to capture the 'moving' bits whilst on the bike.
So, for my next trip I want to invest in something.

So far, I quite like the look of;
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/mini-dvr-1-digital-video-recorder.htm

But - I have no real experience of this type of equipment.

If anyone has added a camcorder to their bike/motorcycle helmet, (I put the word 'motorcycle' in for clarification:augie), that can advise on pit-falls?

Thanks
Ollie

I have got a Dogcam 520 mounted on my bike which records to a good old camcorder (Sony DCR-HC32E) which gives some great footage. The camcorder i use is powered off the bike so no need to carry bags of batteries etc. It is also fitted with AV and LANC sockets so it makes recording very easy. I just carry a few tapes so when it runs out i can pop another one in.

Doing the recording is easy, its the editing that takes ages.

How do you activate/stop recording?
Do you find any limitations of having it mounted on the bike, (where is it mounted)?

Cheers
Ollie

How do you activate/stop recording?
Do you find any limitations of having it mounted on the bike, (where is it mounted)?

Cheers
Ollie

Its activated by a LANC lead Velcro'd to the handlebars, the dogcam is mounted on the GMT spotlight mount. Video recorder is mounted in my tank bag for easy access.

If i just want to use the Video Cam i just unplug it, The dogcam stays on the bike.

I will take some pictures tomorrow of the setup so you can see.

I live in Stevenage if you want to pop round and have a look?

Get a sony pencil cam kit from RF Concepts
You will need a Camcorder with DV in you can power the camera by cutting off the connector from an old 12v charger you will probably have lying around or get one from Maplin.
I use one of them mini tankbags that Aldi sold to hold the camcorder.
The pencil cam can be mounted anywere.
Great quality and simple to set up.

Get a sony pencil cam kit from RF Concepts
You will need a Camcorder with DV in you can power the camera by cutting off the connector from an old 12v charger you will probably have lying around or get one from Maplin.
I use one of them mini tankbags that Aldi sold to hold the camcorder.
The pencil cam can be mounted anywere.
Great quality and simple to set up.
:thumb

Mine:thumb2

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 184
Here's mine - GoPro helmet Hero Wide

Attachments

• Photo 56.jpg
    Photo 56.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 183
Here's mine - GoPro helmet Hero Wide

The camera looks fine, but surely that sofa balanced on the back is a bit of a strain on the neck muscles, not to mention headwinds?

Back
Top Bottom