Magnum

Reaction score
Here's the plan for Day 6 of our Swiss Alps Tour :rob

Swiss Alps Tour: Day 6 - Nauders to Arosa

day6.jpg

Distance: 235km/147miles
Approx. Riding Time: Approx 5 Hours
Maximum Altitude: 2757m :eek:
Countries: Austria, Italy & Switzerland (Canton Graubunden)
Route: Nauders, Reschen Pass, San Valentino Alla Muta, Malles Venosta, Stelvio, Stelvio Pass (1/2), Santa Maria Val Mustair, Offen Pass, Zernez, Susch, Fluela Pass, Davos, Tiefencastel, Chur, Arosa.

Overview: An easier day through some truly beautiful parts of Canton Graubunden that still features 2 1/2 glorious mountain passes :thumb2

Route Summary: Leaving Nauders we ride back up the Stelvio but just after the peak we take a right down a small lane that has a gravel section for a few km (GPS boys please take note). Extra points will be awarded for Supermoto turns :D

11ub8.jpg
13vv7.jpg

Along the Val Mustair, which is the Romansch speaking part of Switzerland, through Zernez and then over the Fluela Pass to the highest city in Europe Davos. Then down towards Tiefencastel, north to Chur and then climbing up to our destination this evening, the ski resort of Arosa at 1739m. Everyone staying overnight in Arosa gets a free use of the cable cars so I suggest we arrive mid afternoon to take advantage of this offer :JB

This is my suggestion for Day 6 chaps. I hope it meets with your approval :101

Accommodation options will follow shortly :)

I approve great work Magnum :thumb2 not sure i am ready for the supo moto slides for extra points though :chickendance

Excellent. So rather than use our own bikes we can all practice Supermoto turns on Yoy's. What a guy :clap

I'm glad I'm not just here for the comedy value! :D:thumb2:eek:

On the basis of he who bends it, mends it, I'd be up for it. :thumb

But one has to wear the appropriate attire (see left)

Looks great but I'll give the gravel road a miss thanks,why would I want to ride gravel when there's billiard table smooth tarmac all around :nenau

Looks great but I'll give the gravel road a miss thanks,why would I want to ride gravel when there's billiard table smooth tarmac all around :nenau
Because it's only a few km, you'll miss riding up the Stelvio again and you'll miss the beautiful Val Mustair. Well worth it in my opinion but it's your party :ChrisKelly

Because it's only a few km, you'll miss riding up the Stelvio again and you'll miss the beautiful Val Mustair. Well worth it in my opinion but it's your party :ChrisKelly

I'll give it some thought when we get there but offroad on a GS doesn't really do it for me :(

It's by no stretch off-road. It's not Tarmac but the surface is flat. See my pics in post #1.

Found us a great Hotel in Arosa :)

The Seehof Hotel is a 3 star hotel in the centre of Arosa overlooking the lake.

bild_lounge.jpg

Rooms are great for this class of hotel and I have secured ample double rooms (some with balcony and south-facing view, some without) and 3 singles.

nouvo.jpg

The price including breakfast, parking, cable-car pass, 3-course dinner and taxes is CHF 122 to CHF 132 (£68 to £74) per person. Rates and room availability are confirmed :thumb2

Unless anyone objects I'm booking it tomorrow :rob

Back
Top Bottom