The May Surrey Wombat Hunt

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Went round to Squadron Leader (Phil's) today for a nice cup of tea. During the conversation we wondered how many of you Wombat Hunter's would like to go out and play during the week.

The suggested date for May is Tuesday 25th. If there aren't many participants then those that do not want too, can go out on either Sunday 23rd or 30th. How about both the Tuesday and one of the Sunday's? It's up to you lot. By the way, I've sorted a new route to the West and South of Guildford.

Another alternative is to make this one huge day out, and do both the East/South circuit and the West/South circuit.

Lot's to think about I know, but lets see what the majority of the Wombat Hunter's want. But whatever, we meet HERE

Don't forget the 18th April for the next outing.

Roy.

Flippin 'eck!!

I don't even know what i'm having for dinner tonight and you're planning a month an a half ahead!!!

(I'll probably be up for it....:D )

When you say "I'm up for all of it" do you mean:

Tuesday 25th plus Sunday 23rd and 30th.

The lanes to the South/West of Guildford are at the next level of difficulty. Some steep drop off's together with lots of hill climb.:D There is one section with several 1 or 2 foot steps to negotiate, it's OK going down, but we will have to come back up again, and loads of water crossings, also long lengths of deep soft sand. This route will take about another 3 or 4 hours to complete.

I don't want to put you off this route, as it's one of the very best I know of, I did it over the Easter weekend with a mate of mine. I had a nearly worn out rear tyre but still managed it without falling off.

Sunday 23rd is good. Tuesday 25th is better. Sunday 30th is a possibility.
One huge day out would not suit me at the moment (but I would come and do half or so)
Not worried about the difficulty of terrain, just so long as you dont mind me turning the Wombat Hunt into a Wombat Stalk.....

I'm exhausted reading about it. I think I know where you're going!!

I'm OK for the April date and I hope to make the 23rd or 30th but I am in the lap of the Gods here. If I choose the 30th someone will want to go away on the May Bank holiday and if I say the 23rd that will be the w/e I have to give a referee's course in Reading. So I shall keep my fingers crossed that the balls come down in the right order.

After all I don't want to deprive you all of my water feature acrobatics!!

dates

Ok let me withdraw the Ditto.

I can do 23rd.

I cant do 30th (Scout Camp)

25th is a bit iffy as my client goes live on that day. (hmmm. sounds like a good day to be out of the office !!)

Dave

I'm meant to be moving that week but if it's all done, I'm in!

The 25th I can definitely do - so can Geoff (Mr Tickle). The other two dates I can't do due to other commitments.;)

30th would be good for me, 23rd no good as am up at the BMF.

Need to get a tow bar and bike rack or trailer for the car.

May Ride Out

Roy

Many thanks for the great day on Sunday (except the rain!)

I would very much to like to join you on May 25th for the day.

There will be 3 of us:

Me KTM, 'Classic Clive' Honda 500 twinshock, and 'Big Matt' Honda XR250

Hope this is ok

Simon

I am supposed to be moving around that time (28th) so it would be ideal to skive the unpacking and go for some much needed 'stress relief'..

Put me down on the list as Tenative.. If I come along I will bring the hlemet camera too..

The May outing of the Surrey Wombat Hunt

OK folks, it's been confirmed by majority verdict the the May outing of the Wombat hunt should be mid-week, well on a Tuesday actually.

So the next ride out will be on 25th May, and will be an extended ride of about 120 miles.

Please be at the usual meeting point - Newlands Corner, near Guildford at 09:30 and expect to be back at the start around 17:00 very tired. ;)

If anyone wishes to come along on a GS, you are more than welcome. But please be aware that the afternoon ride has some "interesting" difficult parts which I would not want to attempt on my GS but I'll have a go on someone elses. :D :D :D

count me in

After my second offroad excursion (the Ridgeway raiders !)

Try and keep me away.

Dave

Help??

Are there any wombat hunters going past J2 or 3 of the M25 on their way to the May 25th session and happen to have space on their trailer?

I'm without towbar at the moment and will have moved to Longfield by then as well.

I can be as flexible as a flexible thing if someone can help.

Thanks all.

David

Hiya David, I live literally two minutes off junction four of the M25, (Orpington) and I have just bought trailer. Now it takes three bikes, BUT, I've not used this trailer yet so I'm unsure about loading three bikes. Do you have two facing forward on the outside, and the middle one reversed on? - seems to me it couldn't work any other way.

Anyhow, Mr Tickle is meeting me at my house, and if you think we can get all three bikes on, then you're welcome to a lift. I'm not sure I've got enough tie-downs, so if you have some, please bring them.

let me know and we'll swap 'phone numbers to make arrangements.

cheers,

Phil

Phil

You're spot on with the loading. Middle one reversed is the easiest way. I've got tie downs and can bring them with me if you can squeeze me in. It's a small XR400.

Two minutes of J4? We might have been neighbours - I used to live in Pratts Bottom - Don't start, I've heard them all before

;) :eek:

I'll PM you with numbers and email.

Thanks for the offer.
David

Back
Top Bottom