Threaded tubes

turbine_2

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help.

I've got a little design I want to put together consisting of three threaded tubes. Probably the kind of thing that a hobbyist with a lathe and the right tools could do but I don't have either. I've attached a picture of what I'm after (I've got a better visio diagram) but the sizes on it I've just guessed at.

Anyone able to knock something like this together for me?

TIA

David

Attachments

• ExtendingRod.PNG
    ExtendingRod.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 424
I think you need to look at the design again - it will mighty difficult to tap those internal threads down to a blind shoulder. Perhaps have a threaded outer, and only a section of thread on the inner.....

Okay, what about having a plate on the end to make the blind shoulder? Or is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to do?

Oh, and I noticed that the thin tube should only have the one threaded bit on the end, not the 2mm bit on the other end (otherwise you'd never get it in the next size up tube).

Weld/braze/silver solder a nut onto each tube.......?

I cannot really see it being of the proportions in your sketch - the tube would need much more wall-thickness to accommodate the thread depth, for example. Have a look at a piece of studding and imagine it being inside-out to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom