TTR2/Autocom Dongle possible fix.

madmax

Reaction score
Any of you TTR2 owners out there struggling as I have done for months to try and get the unit to link with the Autocom dongle?
Problem only occured since an update was done to version 7.901, all worked as it should previously.
Don't waste time as I have done...

Try connecting as follows it's worked for me:-
Ignore the bluetooth preference icon and use the connect to headset icon, I did this and TTR2 found the Autocom Dongle straight away and paired no problem, after months of re-setting, clearing cache and numerous other suggestions, my TTR2 and Autocom dongle are talking again.
TFFT.
Hope it works for some of you out there struggling.

:):):)

That is how it tells you to do it in the Autocom instructions...(of course we never read those as we think we know best :augie) and how I did it with my TTR1 as soon as it didn't work with the bluetooth icon - its worked faultlessly since the day I installed it.

You can still use the Bluetooth pairing in the TTR to pair it with your mobile.

I didnt know there was many issues connecting it up.

Mine and others I have seen just found it worked straight away.

On some versions of the software you have to specify if its a "Bike" or "Car" bluetooth module and you should select "Car". I know this is a little strange but by "Bike" it means the Scala Headset and by "Car" it means the TomTom Rider 2 car kit (sold as an additional accessory).

Paring as a "Car" makes it all work beautfully. Just be prepared as its usually a little loud when you first do it.... its very temping to press "test" at 100% volume but I would suggest 70% if you like you ears. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom