Back from Dubai ... bummed out !

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just back from Dubai. Great city to visit. However, I brought my motorbike jacket, pants and helmet with me (and had to pay overweight!!! Bloody Air France), and all for nought!

The address given to me by Colin is about the only place you can rent bikes in Dubai (unless I missed some), but they only rent Honda CBR 600, not exactly a bike to ride in the desert.

So I was bummed out that I couldn't ride. Then on the last day, my hosts took me to BMW Dubai. There, I see a big poster announcing BMW's Off Road school for the Emirates !!! Since there was nobody at the BMW showroom (there's only 1 guy, and it was his day off), I went to the web (should have done that in the first place), to discover that the last course for the year was 7 & 8 April .... just when I was there !!!!

So now I'm really bummed out!!! I could have done that. I took a jeep ride in the desert and that was spectacular, but it would have been perfect to do it on a bike.

So next year, I guess I'll head out to Dubai again, but this time I'll book the off road course. Guess it'll be much different than doing it in Wales!!!!

I told you to call me Mike. You could have come out riding in the desert on my mates XR600. :)

There's always next year though ;)

Colin

BigCol said:
I told you to call me Mike. You could have come out riding in the desert on my mates XR600. :)

There's always next year though ;)

Colin

Yeah I know, but then my time was more or less in control by my hosts. Having a "booked" course would have been a good excuse, but they had organized daily events (despite that I had said I wanted to get some riding time in).

Anyway, yes next year. I also saw that BMW have a 6 day desert trip from Dubai to Omman. Looks really interesting. Have you done it ???

Mike Werner said:
Just back from Dubai. Great city to visit. However, I brought my motorbike jacket, pants and helmet with me (and had to pay overweight!!! Bloody Air France), and all for nought!

You should have worn your M/C gear on the A/C
ed

Back
Top Bottom