Triumph owners on here

donbcivil

I have to say, I'm loving the amazing bikes coming from Europe these days!

I love my Tiger 1050 and I do know it was made in England!! a few bits and pieces are sourced from around the globe these days by most manufacturers, but at least buying british helps keeps some people off the dole and helps the balance of payments deficit. :)

It's a shame they don't make a proper tourer (ala RT) can't be that hard can it? They've done half the work with the Sprint.

Then again they'd probably stick the same shite side cases on and ruin the whole thing!

I'm about to get my 5th Triumph and my 4th triple-engined varient.

The engine is the best aspect to the bikes IMHO. Does it matter that some of the components aren't from the EU? Not in my mind but each to their own in that respect.

The fact that they are designed here in the UK and that they seem to be set-up to suit real people on real roads is really appealing to me.

Hoorah! :eek:onyack

and the ones that are made here are fitted with high spec stainless steel fasteners, don't see that on many other bikes for the money, i've had 4 and they are great bikes :thumb2

I love my Tiger 1050 and I do know it was made in England!! a few bits and pieces are sourced from around the globe these days by most manufacturers, but at least buying british helps keeps some people off the dole and helps the balance of payments deficit. :)

Pity they made it a proper road bike, should have renamed it the Triumph Bandit

Pity they made it a proper road bike, should have renamed it the Triumph Bandit

I'm glad they made as it is. I never liked the old style Tiger (thats why I bought my GS1150)
Due to injuries to my wrist and hands I need a bike with an upright riding position, the 1050 Tiger fulfils that for me as far as the Triumph range of triple cylinder engines are concerned.

Just glad they didn't call it the 'Ar*e bandit' :ymca :D

and the ones that are made here are fitted with high spec stainless steel fasteners, don't see that on many other bikes for the money, i've had 4 and they are great bikes :thumb2

Shame the application of the paint on them is not so high spec:augie

IMO Triumph have managed to turn what was a great alternative to the GS (the 955i Tiger) into the 1050 'Fazer' UJM Lookelikee and for that reason I, along with plenty of others, don't seem to want to change to the 1050 Tiger. It is a real shame as the 1050 engine in the old Tiger would have been brilliant.

I have to say that I took a long hard look at the latest 1200GS and I thought it was starting to look a bit 'slimmed down' and 'streamlined' and I fear heading in the same direction the new Tiger took. The GS 1200 Adventure is thankfully keeping its characterful look and road presence but the standard GS seems to be thinning down and lowering down!!

Anyway all that said the 955i engine is still the best engine in any of the 'giant trailie' bikes IMO, pulls great, don't have to thrash it to make it go and on top of all that it sounds fantastic!! :D :augie

IMO Triumph have managed to turn what was a great alternative to the GS (the 955i Tiger) into the 1050 'Fazer' UJM Lookelikee and for that reason I, along with plenty of others, don't seem to want to change to the 1050 Tiger. It is a real shame as the 1050 engine in the old Tiger would have been brilliant.

Agree with you there, I test rode a 955i Tiger when I was looking for a big traily style bike. Loved the smooth power of the triple but couldnt live with the styling. Much prefer the looks of the original 855 carbed Tiger. New ones better styled if you like the Fazer/Bandit look. But given its now a road bike with a crap pillion position it'll only steal sales from BMW from those that are buying traily bikes for the looks rather than ability.

I've got a late-model old-style 955i Tiger. Good bike, great motor, sounds fantastic with an aftermarket pipe, with a bit of tweaking it's supremely comfortable ( more so than my old 1150GS's, for example I did Sarf London to Skye and was fresh as you like, on the GS's I would be getting fidgety by Glasgow ), economical, very big range. Handling's not quite as good as a GS. Simple in comparison to a 12, not cat, no canbus, no ABS/EWS etc etc, but not as self-serviceable as an 1150. Possibly the finish isn't as good as a BM but that is debatable. Looks ugly and doesn't have the wannabe factor so less likely to get nicked plus don't feel associated with the LWR twatster brigade. Equally as practical as the GS. Doesn't have BMW 'character' though - which might be because it has been utterly reliable, not one single thing has gone wrong, nothing, nada, no chains snapping, no clutches, no CANBUS faults, no crown/paralever bearings, no flatbeds, nothing! :)

Rode my uncles 1050 Tiger which was very good: fast, smooth, handles great, good brakes etc ( doesn't sound as good though :) ), but it's a different sort of bike and not for me.

Pluck

I agree that the styling of the 955i Tiger is probably the only negative about the whole bike. I do wish it had the stance and following of the GS but that said I am very happy with my 955i and have no plans to change it just yet.

Mnd you coming to the Tiger from a hayabusa I know a bit about 'marmite bikes' that you either love or hate!! I wish I had kept the Busa and had the Tiger as well but there you go yet another of lifes big mistakes!! :D

Also had no real 'down-time' problems with mine after nearly two years of ownership and it is still looking as good as the day I got it, no pitting anywhere!!!

I've got a late-model old-style 955i Tiger. Good bike, great motor, sounds fantastic with an aftermarket pipe, with a bit of tweaking it's supremely comfortable ( more so than my old 1150GS's, for example I did Sarf London to Skye and was fresh as you like, on the GS's I would be getting fidgety by Glasgow ), economical, very big range. Handling's not quite as good as a GS. Simple in comparison to a 12, not cat, no canbus, no ABS/EWS etc etc, but not as self-serviceable as an 1150. Possibly the finish isn't as good as a BM but that is debatable. Looks ugly and doesn't have the wannabe factor so less likely to get nicked plus don't feel associated with the LWR twatster brigade. Equally as practical as the GS. Doesn't have BMW 'character' though - which might be because it has been utterly reliable, not one single thing has gone wrong, nothing, nada, no chains snapping, no clutches, no CANBUS faults, no crown/paralever bearings, no flatbeds, nothing! :)

Pluck

Right you've talked me into it. Anyone selling a 955 Tiger :D

Back
Top Bottom