Belgium- great weekend

jez

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I for one had a great time at Kasterlee this weekend,met up with loads fo people that I knew and loads more that I didn't (but do now).
I was rather suprised at the lack of other 1200's, there were a couple came in from local towns but mine was the only permanent one on site.
Having arrived on friday at 19.15 and put up my home for the weekend I then went down to the village steakhouse with Den and we both pigged out on the superb mixed grill. then back to the marquee for a few beers.
on the saterday Gecko took a load of us Brits to the town of Lier, about 25kms away via the back roads (69kms each way) where we walked around the old town and the market then some of us went to the local bmw dealer for a nose after which chris's gps managed to get us lost up near Antwerp.
Sunday we all split up to do various rides out, I being the mucky sod that I am opted for the allroad run which was some road and some offroad (I would have done the mud pluggers run if only I'd had knobblies on) so returned with my 2 1/2 week old 1200 covered in nice belgian mud:D :D , as any GS should be. I saw over 70mph on one stretch of dirt track and have to say the bike performed very well (the 30kg less was definitely noticeable, as was the WP suspension).in the evening Den and I took a load more people down to the steakhouse to eat before Simon and Georgie gave a great talk and slide show about their trip off the end of the world and back.
Monday we all did our packing and headed our seperate ways I'm now in Zaandam and heading for Berlin tomorrow so probably wont get to read much more 'til I get home next Monday so I hope to see lots of good pics cos I didn't take any.

cheers for now.
Jez

now I'm jealous

must have mud tyres for next time:hapybnce:

Search and rescue

Can't add any pics, but hopefully can reunite a certain Vango Force 10 dweller with a crucial bit of his tent!

If Peter 'from S:GS:GS:GS:GShorpe' would like his Apex bracket back, give me a mail on cogs@lnr547e.freeserve.co.uk and I'll arrange return.

Gotta agree with Jez, cracking weekend. Big thanks to Rudi and the rest of the organisers. Maybe next time I'll be a bit more organised myself............ and pack beddding appropriate for the season? (BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cogs n Lisa (denizens of the Vango next door)

FEK ME!!!

Active profanity management???

It's on the East coast up North from Grimsby a bit. Pete knows where it/he is....

Can't resist this now....

Who put the c**t in S:GS:GS:GS:GShorpe?

:D

Cogs

Lucky Luke said:
and to that poor chap in the rally suit who holds the all time
record for most mishaps in 1 weekend:

:smurf :smurf :smurf :smurf

What mishaps? I merely tested the integrity of my crash bars a couple of times. I was clearly in total control all the time, as can be seen by the lack of mud on my suit (unlike the bike...) :p

Back
Top Bottom