Picos fotos

Spanish Bob

Picos marvellous place

Ive been snowed on (quite a lot), rained on (an awful lot), Ive been trying to avoid sheep, goats, cows, bulls, dogs, mad locals, shit (all types).

Lost the keys to my top box and my phone charger was inside so no updates to Judge unfortunately (sorry Andy).

Great food.

Nice hotel - thanks for the tip Johnny Boxer!!

Great roads and some even better ones!!!

Oscar - the guy I went with also found the waitresses in the hotel quite lovely.

so there you are something for everyone!;)

2700kms/5days.

Spanish Bob said:
Picos marvellous place

Ive been snowed on (quite a lot), rained on (an awful lot), Ive been trying to avoid sheep, goats, cows, bulls, dogs, mad locals, shit (all types).

Snow?? Rain??? You better get that feckin sorted for June...I never usually wear anything other than shorts & t-shirt after April....:cool:

OK here is the link to the first set of fotos.

ANy questions about them please let me know. The hotel is our hotel. The roads are mostly those that we will be doing in June. The snow had better have buggered off by then!!!

Actually the worst snow is not included as in the middle of the snow storm I was thinking more of getting out of it than taking fotos.

http://spanishbob.smugmug.com/gallery/97601

Bit worried about the bullet holes that appear ion almost all the road signs, but.....

cheers

bob

Looks like you had fun there Bob, though maybe you got a little wet at times ?

Excellent photos Bob :cool: ................just stuck on what the story was behind this one though :rolleyes: ?

Attachments

• spanishbobpic.jpg
    spanishbobpic.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 373
Looks as good as I remember it! The hotel is just about 100yds from where I stayed last October. It looked a bit posh for my battered old serow and a couple of hard-worked CRM's though!

Good bar just over the road if I remember right. Big salads and tasty barmaid I recall.

Did you manage to get into the park at all? Didn't see the obligatory Fuente De shot.

Speggo

we did get into the park and there is a shot of Fuente Dé from below. Many of the roads you see are in the park.

We didnt go off road as to be honest the weather was so shit that I did fancy that much mud or and higher up it was either closed off or waist deep in snow.

Can routes still be done - yes some still can. I have some outline routes but many can no longer be done. Everyone is free to risk it, but the police will be patrolling. As I have a Spanish number plate I wont be one of the people trying their luck!

Franco I think it was they have tasty big barmaids who serve salads. Also you´ll be glad to know that the hotel bar is quite big so you´ll be able to do that floor show you promised, with the live goat.:eek:

franco said:
Or was that tasty salads and big barmaid??:D :D :D

Sorry Speggo just confirmed that he meant "nasty" barmaids....blimey, the place just gets better!!!

Spanish Bob said:

Also you´ll be glad to know that the hotel bar is quite big so you´ll be able to do that floor show you promised, with the live goat.:eek:

Err, I have form. THis was me in the bar in the hotel we stayed in just down the road. Not quite a goat, but a coach load of geriatric dogs from San Sebastian. Ever been chased by a drunk spanish granny shouting 'Ven aqui piloto sexy!' Urgghhh it still haunts me........ And no, I didn't ,before you ask!

Attachments

• dscn0135.jpg
    dscn0135.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 319
:D :D :D :D

did they catch you?

actually Its Franco that does the thing with the Goat (lets see what he´s hiding!)

Goat

Don't worry Bob, as long as you shave your beard off and don't wander around carrying your hairy seat cover over your shoulder, you'll be fine ;-)

Re: :))

franco said:
Sure, your bum looks big, but so does the long, vertical protuberance to the right on the picture:eek: Obviously an icicle fall....;)

cheers mate!;)

Spanish Bob said:
OK here is the link to the first set of fotos.

ANy questions about them please let me know. The hotel is our hotel. The roads are mostly those that we will be doing in June. The snow had better have buggered off by then!!!

hi bob,as a newcomer to gs land i missed the start of this thread and i was wondering am i to late to join you guy's in the pico's depending on dates ect,could you give me the info please thanks loz

Loz

Im afraid it probably is a bit too late. the ferry bookings are closes I think and the hotel reservation is confirmed. We might be able to change it if there is space, but I am not sure if there will be. I´ll speak to Judge and see but to be honest I think it probably wont be possible.

bob

Back
Top Bottom