Morocco bound

PhilBolton

Reaction score
I'm leaving home Thursday 13 August 2009 and goin' South ----
Dover Calais - France and Spain and then Morocco.
Never been before - It'll be a dis-organised tour, insofar as I don't know where I'm going, nor when I'll get there.
Be on the road for 4 or 5 weeks.
Cheap accomodation and/or camping (no 5 stars for me).

Invaluable advice from this forum -- Thanks to all.

Anybody going my way? and want some company?

Phil

Jaysus.....

Take a 2 litre camelback (min) plus rehydration salts and anti squit pills Phil......I hope yer not a fat git or yer gonna suffer!!

Seriously, be careful before you set off.....it was 37 in Marrakech today and another 10 degrees c above that over the Atlas......more near Tata! :eek:

Not saying I wouldn't go, that's all part of the fun, but do do do think about it and don't leave yerself in the shyte....you'll survive (Moroccans come out of the woodwork and rockfaces when someone needs it) but you will have an unpleasant experience unless you cover your ass ;)

Morocco bound

400px-Webster_27s_Dictionary_advertisment_-_1888_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_13641.png

:thumb2

Greg

I don't know where I'm going, nor when I'll get there.

Be on the road for 4 or 5 weeks.

Anybody going my way? and want some company?

Phil

Hiya!

I'm not going till Sept 30th, and then it'll be via the ferry to Spain - saves about 2000 road miles (return).

Going with a couple of other guys to make it more fun, and hopefully safer. Not that I'm worried about the locals, but we do intend doing the off roady stuff, and being novices I expect we'll all fall off. Lots.

Have you anywhere particular in mind? Coast / dunes / cities? There are a few books out there with route maps in them for some good off road trails, and if you're a garmin user there's a few made up routes as well as hotels you can download off tinterweb.

However you do it, enjoy!:thumb

Well, I had a chat with Fanum today - Incredibly nice chap!

Thanks to you!
Taken advice and bought a Camelbak, and salts, and "squits" tablets.

I'm all packed up and set to go in the morning, got a ferry booked, Dover/calais for 7pm thursday. ('cos I'm on a bike ride, not a cruise)

Although I've never been to Maroc, I have travelled a bit - Europe east and west many times, Baltics, Turkey, mainland Greece, Sicily, et al.
I am looking forward to my adventure--------------

Maybe I'll see you when I'm on the way back - Look out for a grey ADV with a blue tent pack as pillion -

You have a good trip too!

Phil

P.S.

No satnav - I'm 60 and read maps, and sometimes getting lost produces the best memories.

Look after yourself Phil :thumb2

PS if you get serious gutrot that lasts for more than a day or three, go to a chemists and ask for 'Intetrix'.

It's banned in the UK and 'Merica 'cos if you over do it, your liver will disintegrate (seriously!) but it's a total wipe out pill for the gut.....antibacterial, antifungal, amoebicidal, it'll kill everything (including the good stuff too but you can replace that....get chilled yakkult from a good shop for a start)

It's over-the-counter available in most of Africa and places like Turkey and South America, it works bloody well but do read the instructions carefully They should be printed in multiple languages inside the packet) , 'cos it is potentially life threatening if you get it wrong :blast

I tend to go with the 'use what the locals do' theory...eat where they do, take the medicines they do if they really need it.....but then, I'm not a doctor and it's completely up to you ;)

Informed choice and being a grown up :rob ;)
Have a great trip :thumb2

PS Wetwipes too.....get some :thumb2
Unless you want a bum like a Japanese flag :D

Well, I had a chat with Fanum today - Incredibly nice chap!

Thanks to you!
Taken advice and bought a Camelbak, and salts, and "squits" tablets.

I'm all packed up and set to go in the morning, got a ferry booked, Dover/calais for 7pm thursday. ('cos I'm on a bike ride, not a cruise)

Although I've never been to Maroc, I have travelled a bit - Europe east and west many times, Baltics, Turkey, mainland Greece, Sicily, et al.
I am looking forward to my adventure--------------

Maybe I'll see you when I'm on the way back - Look out for a grey ADV with a blue tent pack as pillion -

You have a good trip too!

Phil

P.S.

No satnav - I'm 60 and read maps, and sometimes getting lost produces the best memories.

Good luck and enjoy yourself :thumb

Back
Top Bottom