IAM Special Assessment "Have you done it ?"

Bigboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a "small" request regarding info .........as I will soon be taking my IAM Special assessment Ride, and wonder if anybody in here has done it and what was it like and what to look out for...... hints & tips :

By the way I have passed IAM and are a Gold RoSPA rider + Observer

Regards Bigboy

Make sure your low speed manouvering is up to scratch - figure of eights etc - pretty easy if you're doing it on a GS !
Who is the examiner - Jon Taylor ?

Examiner

Hi john493

Thanks for the advice...... Yes it its Jon and we have made contact so I am looking forward to it :blast

Regards Bigboy

A friend of mine did the test with Jon Taylor a couple of years ago.
He said it involved just over an hours initial riding then a 45 minute discussion on Roadcraft (!!!!) followed by a further hours riding and then a debrief. I think he also got a detailed written report from IAM HQ.
Good luck
Ray

Book

A friend of mine did the test with Jon Taylor a couple of years ago.
He said it involved just over an hours initial riding then a 45 minute discussion on Roadcraft (!!!!) followed by a further hours riding and then a debrief. I think he also got a detailed written report from IAM HQ.
Good luck
Ray

Might be worth having a read-up of Jon's new book, "How to be a better rider" published a couple of months ago. It's a lot better than some of the earlier IAM offerings. Available for £5 through IAM groups - half price.

Back
Top Bottom