Magnum

Reaction score
Here's the plan for Day 7 of our Swiss Alps Tour :rob

Swiss Alps Tour: Day 7 - Arosa to Grindelwald

day7f.jpg

Distance: 238km/149miles
Approx. Riding Time: Approx 4 Hours 40 mins
Maximum Altitude: 2429m
Countries: Switzerland (Cantons Graubunden, Uri, Valais & Bern)
Route: Arosa, Chur, Flims, Disentis/Muster, , Oberalp Pass, Andermatt, Furka Pass , Grimsel Pass, Meiringen, Brienz, Interlaken, Grindelwald.

Overview: Another steady day with the incredible Furka and Grimsel Passes to enjoy. We end the day in Grindelwald close to the fabulous 3970m Eiger :thumb2

Route Summary: The last few days are easier than others but no less spectacular with 2 of my favourite Mountain Passes in Switzerland.

furka.jpg

I'm short of time to do a full description of today's riding, but I can assure you that you won't be disappointed :thumb2

Here's the Google Maps link for the GPS cheats :D - http://maps.google.ch/maps?f=d&sour...=46.800059,9.28894&spn=0.210108,0.388985&z=12

Accommodation options will follow shortly :)

OK here are the accomodation options.

Option 1 - Hotel Jungfrau Lodge

The Hotel Jungfrau Lodge is a 3 star hotel in the centre of Grindelwald. It's simple but cheap and is well reviewed.

Single rooms are between CHF 65 and 70 per person.
Double rooms are between CHF 75 and 80 per person.

Rates per person and day including breakfast buffet, service, taxes and VAT. All rooms are equipped with radio, telephone and television.

Option 2 - Hotel Kreuz & Post

The Hotel Kreuz & Post is a 4 star hotel just a stone's through from the Jungfrau Lodge. It is well reviewed.

Hotel Description
42 rooms, suites, roof terrace, tasteful lounges, bar, dancing, snack-bar, restaurant and meeting room. All rooms are newly renovated and with mountain view. LocationIn the centre of the village, nearby the train station, the sport complex and the main shopping district.

Rooms
Tastefully equipped rooms, Junior Suites and Panorama Suites with bath/shower/WC, radio, telephone, minibar, colour TV and hair dryer. All south facing rooms with balcony and magnificent view.

A single room is between CHF 125 and 145 per person.
A double room is between CHF 125 and 165 per person.

This is where I'll be resting my head that night :thumb2

Yoy I know you want a single mate. Just tell me which hotel :)

Single pour moi in hotel cheapo
sal reckons bandido snores badly so a last night treat to sleep alone.

OK here are the accomodation options.

Option 1 - Hotel Jungfrau Lodge

The Hotel Jungfrau Lodge is a 3 star hotel in the centre of Grindelwald. It's simple but cheap and is well reviewed.

Single rooms are between CHF 65 and 70 per person.
Double rooms are between CHF 75 and 80 per person.

Rates per person and day including breakfast buffet, service, taxes and VAT. All rooms are equipped with radio, telephone and television.

Option 2 - Hotel Kreuz & Post

The Hotel Kreuz & Post is a 4 star hotel just a stone's through from the Jungfrau Lodge. It is well reviewed.

Hotel Description
42 rooms, suites, roof terrace, tasteful lounges, bar, dancing, snack-bar, restaurant and meeting room. All rooms are newly renovated and with mountain view. LocationIn the centre of the village, nearby the train station, the sport complex and the main shopping district.

Rooms
Tastefully equipped rooms, Junior Suites and Panorama Suites with bath/shower/WC, radio, telephone, minibar, colour TV and hair dryer. All south facing rooms with balcony and magnificent view.

A single room is between CHF 125 and 145 per person.
A double room is between CHF 125 and 165 per person.

This is where I'll be resting my head that night :thumb2

Yoy I know you want a single mate. Just tell me which hotel :)

Sod it - push das boot out. A single in the Cruise and Post - might get lucky :D

:thumb

Kreuz & Post is booked :thumb2

Jungfrau is unfortunately fully booked :(

Looking at other options now ...

Mags

Agree with bbbvito - save the hassle

Thks to yoy I've got the hankie code sorted, so I'll go cruising with you guys - single or twin I'm easy (shhhh, don't tell the missus..)

:p

I've contacted 3 hotels now - all fully booked. I think the 6 single rooms is putting people off.

Mailed one more. If this fails we'll go to plan B. In any case I'll book those who would like to stay at the Kreuz and Post shortly.

Back
Top Bottom