Has anybody got a Land Rover mobile phone?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some of the modern day mobiles are a bit flimsy and delicate for my requirements, ie, in work and out on the trail bikes.
Problems I have encountered include water ingress and impact damage.
The best phone I had to avoid this damage was a rubberised Nokia unit, new about 5 years ago.
So, today there is word of a new phone manufactured under the Land Rover banner, it's pretty tough....... has anybody got one of these units?

Timpo.

It's a re badged Sonim XP3 .........

There solid and love the odd bath in some one's pint :blast

How ever they are very very very basic :(

They'll text and ring , nothing else , no toys and a tiny memory which you can fill by importing one decent photo ........

Mine's kind of died with a software issue , turns it self of and sets its self to vibrate till flat :nenau

I'll let you know what they say ..............

Lets see what the do about it :confused:

Attachments

• XP3_Black_large.jpg
    XP3_Black_large.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 515
It's a rebranded Samsung as far as I know. **EDIT, just corrected by JB.. Below still counts..
Some of the site lads in work have the samsung in work and like it..bounces well and has all the basic phonie functions..
Sister also has one and it's survived her 4 kids flushing it down the toilet a few times (Unlike the waterproof camera she had)

Samsund probably cheaper unless you're after the LR image?

Seems stupid I know but i just wrap my phone in one of these pop it inside the apparently water proof pouch you get with the BMW jacket pop that in the apparently water proof pocket and have cut abit of high desnity foam to act as protection to the phone which sits in front.

seems to work fine or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• ZipLock.jpg
    ZipLock.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 507
Seems stupid I know but i just wrap my phone in one of these pop it inside the apparently water proof pouch you get with the BMW jacket pop that in the apparently water proof pocket and have cut abit of high desnity foam to act as protection to the phone which sits in front.

seems to work fine or am I doing something wrong?

:nenau

T.

oi baldy check out the samsung solid sgh-m 110

brickie proof so far cost less than a ton on e-bay:thumb:thum

oi baldy....

Oi f*ckface, it's took me years of abuse to achieve this full head of skin, so p!ss off!:p
F*ck the phone, nobody ever rings me anyway..............:guitarist

Thanks, I'll take a look.....

Timpo.

they seem to be suitable for some of your light fords:rolleyes:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_uYjoybi4ts&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_uYjoybi4ts&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hey LO-IQ, I posted a question to you but then realised I could just do this! I was wondering did I understand correctly that you can supply 'Dane' gear and it goes towards your Charity run? I'd be very interested if so, thanks man!

Land rover phones

Do they leak in the rain?

Had my Land Rover phone for a couple of months now and all in all I like it.

Yes it is basic, but acts as a phone, can text, websurf, has a 2 meg camera with flash which doubles as a very bright torch, and upto 1500 hours standby time which means you can go away for the week and leave the charger behind with normal usage.

The Synch software is crap, and despite the helpline's input it still doesn't work. But then for calendar and email I use a crackberry anyway, so a bit of a non issue for me but something to be aware of if it's important to you.

I love it for the battery life as much as anything, and I've used the torch alot. So a good workhorse but no iphone. But charging that thing (iphone) up everyday would drive me bananas

David

Back
Top Bottom