1200 Exhaust??

Ian Dowsett

Reaction score
Any rumblings yet from the pipe makers ( Remus , Micron ETC ) on if a race type can will be availabe for the 1200? Anybody heard anything ?

there is a photo of a 12GS with a different pipe already - I just cannot find it right now...

Ian Dowsett said:
Any rumblings yet from the pipe makers ( Remus , Micron ETC ) on if a race type can will be availabe for the 1200? Anybody heard anything ?

Go to SPC BMW site, I'm sure they had a pic on there recently of the new 1200 with a Remus!

Ian Dowsett said:

The pictures below are crap quality cos they were originally taken from a pc print and are now laminated in opaque sleeves.
The Laser system is a full system including new headers. This completely removes the cat and existing can. Like the Remus Revolution the Laser can allows removal of the baffles should you want to. Cost around the £600 mark. Should free up a few more horses but not seen any figures. Fitting the Laser system doesn't require any other changes to the bike ie no chips or other fiddling " I am told "

3349115-L.jpg
3349116-L.jpg

the best source for your answer is the manufacturing company - but since there is nothing special in the position and size of the original, I would suspect they fit

I've got a pic of a 1200 with a Remus system but don't know how to post it...?

:moped:

put it in a picture server somewhere (like bikepics or webshots) and post the link here or pres "IMG" in your edit box and put the link there

or send it to me via email and I'll post it

Ian Dowsett said:
Any rumblings yet from the pipe makers...

Sod the pipe makers, anyone heard anything about new slippers...?

;) Sorry, could not exist... I'll get me tweed coat... :D

OK here you are (thanks to Scootfast)... this is the Remus R1200GS...

1200withRemus.JPG

(of course part of my huge photo collection but you already know this)

Thanks NLS , just need to find out if this a listed fitment for the 1200 or an 1150 can "made " to fit.

Thanks again

Laser

Ordered a Laser DuoTech Stainless end can from M&P today.

£259 delivered, 4 to 6 week delivery quote at present.

I dont have the price for the replacement front pipes/cat.

cheers

Gerry H.

I wonder though... the bike is hardly available... HOW COME someone already do this change on it?

I mean the laser shots are official company shots... but this with Remus is someone's bike... he already got it, he already modified it (and in fact experimented)... how come?

Who owns the 1200 with the Remus pipe. ?

Would love to have feedback on your experience with this pipe, specialy taking into account he "power valve" thingy on the standard 1200 GS

Is it worthwhile????

NLS said:
I wonder though... the bike is hardly available... HOW COME someone already do this change on it?

I mean the laser shots are official company shots... but this with Remus is someone's bike... he already got it, he already modified it (and in fact experimented)... how come?

Lets face it, most aftermarket pipes aren't exactly the pinnacle of engineering technology. An OEM can is more complicated.

They probably just fettled the one that they already had for 1150 engines.

No time at all to get out there.

SITC

Don't know who owns it

It was parked half way up the hill on the left hand side at RED MARLEY

I suspect it's a "diy" approach as the hanger didn't look like a production bit of kit.

:moped:

I think there is a bit more to it than that. The Wunderlich catalague, featuring all sorts of bits for the 1200 came out within only a day or to of the bike itself. With the best will in the world - there's absolutely no way they could have got hold of a 1200, measured up, designed and manufactured all the bits, produced a brochure and printed and distributed it in that amount of time!!

I suspect collusion between certain aftermarket suppliers and BM....

Back
Top Bottom