Cagiva Tyre sizes - 100/90 x 19 or 110/80 x 19

BigyellowGS

Reaction score
Well I've finally got my Cagiva Elefant back from having a bit of work done.. only to realise that the Pirelli tyres she's ben wearing are a little worse for ware now and I really should replace them.

After looking at the normal suspects (TKC's, Tourances etc) I have been offered a pari of Metzler Karoo (T)'s for a stupidly low price.

Now I have riden a Tenere with these on and tehy seem really good.. the only issue I have is that Cagiva state my front tyre size as 100/90 x 19... And the kagoo's only come in 110/80 x 19... what difference would fitting this size tyre make? I'm guessing the slightly wider/flatter section will make the bike a little slower to turn in.. But then that might be a good thing as the Cag can be a little quick on the steering at times!

the back tyre is spot on 140/80 x 17 so no worries at that end!

anyway.. your thoughts would be most appreciated!

:D J

Cagiva state my front tyre size as 100/90 x 19... And the kagoo's only come in 110/80 x 19... what difference would fitting this size tyre make? I'm guessing the slightly wider/flatter section will make the bike a little slower to turn in..

You`d probably struggle to notice the difference.

The 110/80 will be a 'massive' 10mm wider.

It will be 80% of 110mm tall.

Do the sums.....look at how 80% of 110mm compares to the original tyre at 90% of 100mm.

By the way...if it was a 'flatter section (or rather,a lower profile)....the steering would be slightly quicker instead of slower.
A smaller diameter wheel turns in quicker than a larger one.

done and dusted

Well I went for it.. pair of Karoo T's.. 95 quid the pair incl fitting.. so a darn site cheaper the TKC's.

I've done about 50 miles.. with a couple of short green lanes in for measure and they seem to handle the road stuff fine with no real vibration or noise and they are not too shabby on the dirt either.

So.. for the price.. They are a steal and suit the elefant perfectly.

Might also be good for a Gs?

:D J

Back
Top Bottom