P&O ad- Stelvio pass

hood

Can anybody tell me the number of the road in the P&O ad shown as the Stelvio pass in italy. The maps I have show Stelvio national park but its not easy to pinpoint the actual road.

Stelvio / Stilfserjoch pass

It's the S38 about 60 k south of St. Anton

Were heading there in July after the Gramish meet ;)

And the way down again...

Hang on tight and watch out for the Dutch campervans coming the other way!

Attachments

• stelvio small 2.jpg
    stelvio small 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 254
Thanks very much, there are three of us going down to Naples on the 17th may via this pass. There was some difference of opinion on the matter. Sorted thanks.

stelvio

hood said:
Thanks very much, there are three of us going down to Naples on the 17th may via this pass. There was some difference of opinion on the matter. Sorted thanks.
It normally does not open until june,although someone on here should know for sure,But I would check first.It's great,done it last year,going down the otherside is just as much fun.A pic of the otherside can't remember the name of it.Oh and thats me on the left.Andy

Attachments

• stelvio 1.jpg
    stelvio 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 223
Re: Stelvio / Stilfserjoch pass

Fitzdangle said:

Bloody hell so are we.

Re: And the way down again...

Paulf said:
Hang on tight and watch out for the Dutch campervans coming the other way!
Jeez we have the same picture,even down to rock,How canny is that.Andy

Stelvio

Was closed until the end of may in 2003.
Going to try it in july this year so beware of the french as well as the dutch..................
:beerjug: :beer:

Canny indeed Andy

And did you buy one of the overpriced (but delicious) sausages from the guy about ten feet from where the photo was taken?

Here's another shot from about half way up (from the Italian side).
Interesting country, eh?

Attachments

• stelvio small 3.jpg
    stelvio small 3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 194
Re: Stelvio / Stilfserjoch pass

Fitzdangle said:

Me too!!!

Going the beginning of June, hope to christ it's open:eek: :D :D

Hi Andy, you look a bit red faced in the picture, but are you the guys I met at Bentley one Wednesday just after I bought my GS. Both your bikes are very black and was sean one of your group on this holiday last year. Tony

Re: Canny indeed Andy

Paulf said:
And did you buy one of the overpriced (but delicious) sausages from the guy about ten feet from where the photo was taken?

Here's another shot from about half way up (from the Italian side).
Interesting country, eh?
Yes we did get a sausage,but we stayed in Bormio so it was not long after breakfast so most of mine went over side for the marmots.Andy

hood said:
Hi Andy, you look a bit red faced in the picture, but are you the guys I met at Bentley one Wednesday just after I bought my GS. Both your bikes are very black and was sean one of your group on this holiday last year. Tony
Hi Hood,yup thats us,can,t seem to remember you though!!and yes Sean was on this trip But only lasted two days,I think coming down all the passes took it,s toll and his wrists,plus it was not fast enough for him.They wanted fast sweepers,They stayed with us in France,But as soon as we went over the border into swiss they headed north and done Germany and the Nurburgring,but they had fun,But I think we had more.Bentley this wednesday?.Andy

Bentley Wednesday, I dont see why not. Didn't think it started this early in the year. Tony

wednesday

It's been going 3 weeks that I know of.You won't miss me,bloke with a red face and black bike.:D

Back
Top Bottom