Turkey in November

seakay

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience of riding in Turkey during November? I hoped to get away last week for a months touring but now can't for another five weeks or so and am not sure whether to pospone the trip till next year if the weathers likely to be crap.

It all depends on which part of Turkey. The east will be seeing its first snow, the middle bit will probably be fairly wet, as will Istanbul and the north, the south will be mild and probably reasonably dry.

Where were you think of going?

I'm planning to go into Syria so the plan was to take the coastal route down and inland up to Istanbul on the way back. If all goes to plan should be heading back end of November.

Just spoke to a workmate who's inlaws are turkish. He was there in october wwearing shorts & T shirt with the locals in jumpers & jackets. He says November should still be ok in comparison to the UK.

Christmas Dinner was munched on the veranda for the last three years, 25 degrees C. We are on the med coast (Kas). Historically you can expect temps ın the low to medium 20,s ın November. Nights can be chilly though. Drop me a line if we are on your route.

Cheers,

Dickyb

Anything in the twenties is great! Is it likely to be much cooler/wetter inland do you know Tranman? If so I can reverse the route and go inland on the way out (beginning of November).

Last edited:
The south is always warmer. The east gets snow fairly early in December and sometimes in November. I'd suggest you try and stay as far south as possible both ways, or just bring an autumn jacket and fleece just in case. Istanbul won't be cold, just possibly a bit wet sometimes.

Come anyway, you won't freeze or get sunburn....result.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Just waiting on my bloody house extension to reach some kind of conclusion and I'll be off!

Back
Top Bottom