World of BMW

tunnie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Very interested in their off-road course, as i read it on their site:

The two-day Level One Basic and Advanced Off Road Skills courses each cost 449. The price includes two days of group instruction, motorcycle hire, third party insurance, fuel, two lunches and one evening meal, refreshments and a certificate of completion.

Please note: It does not include personal motorcycle or accident insurance, your accommodation and evening drinks, or any additional meals or drinks for your guests.

As i read it:

2 days - Basic Offroad training = £449

Advanced off road training (a seperate 2 day course) = £449

Is that correct?

Sorry its one of those days :hide

Tunnie
I've been on this level one course.
When you get there the first thing they do is split into 2 groups; basic or advanced. If you done nothing off road before you go in basic. If you've done a bit, or ride many miles a year on road, or, if I remember correctly, do lots of mountain biking, you go in the advanced group. I went in basic, cos I'd done very litle off road. The groups get the same tuition to begin with but the advanced guys progress faster and then do a bit more which the basic group won't get to.
So, it all depends on what your experience is. If little then you'd do basic then could, potentially, go back for advanced. If you have some skills you could do advanced, then, if you went again, you could go on a level 2 course, which covers different stuff but you have to attend a level 1 first.
I hope that helps.
Geoff

ahh ok, cause £449 is reasonable for 2 days training, i thought you would have to pay that figure twice. £900 is not quite so reasonable! :augie

Only been on motorbikes since march, i do cycle, but on-road only so i guess its basic for me! :)

well worth it though...

After ten years on road I learned skills on the off road which I have been able to transfer to road riding.

Very tiring, but thoroughly enjoyable. My best advice is to stay off the beers of an evening...

I've done the course twice now and would do it again tomorrow :thumb2

Hi Tunnie,

I can also recommend the off road training. I've been twice now, and it's given me no end of confidence and skills. It's worth every penny, and you'll end up wanting to go back for more. :thumb2

I'm back there on 10th October for a day in the dirt to practice all that I've learnt, and no doubt will be back there next year for Level 2.

Go for it and enjoy!

Thanks for the replies :thumb2

Did you bike up? Or drive? Can imagine its very tiring, and after the course, not sure if would want to ride all the way back home :(

Hi Tunnie,

I can also recommend the off road training. I've been twice now, and it's given me no end of confidence and skills. It's worth every penny, and you'll end up wanting to go back for more. :thumb2

I'm back there on 10th October for a day in the dirt to practice all that I've learnt, and no doubt will be back there next year for Level 2.

Go for it and enjoy!

me too. see you there.

I went by bike. Don't have a car. Getting back to London was painful and tiring. For the day in the dirt I am staying on the night after. I will take my time getting back. Use a car if you can, preferably with someone else driving.

Regards,

Path.

Tunnie
I rode the bike from north Debyshire and back. Stayed the night before the course and (of course) the middle night, but rode back home straight after the course (with a bruised knee!).
By the way, in my very humble opinion, the accommodation at the Abercrave Inn is poor, to say the least. The standard of the rooms left much to be desired. If I was going again I'd find somewhere else.
Cheers
Geoff

I'd definitely recommend going by car if possible, especially when you're already doing 2 days on the bike. You'll want to sit your a**e on something more comfortable than a bike seat for your ride/drive home. I usually drive home straight after the course, but stay the night before. Although the Abercrave is basic, it's clean, functional and friendly. The foods also good too. OK....it's no 5* hotel, but you're not paying 5* prices either.

Path..... look forward to meeting you then. Is Jo not coming????

MrsPDiddy

Look forward to it.

I'd definitely recommend going by car if possible, especially when you're already doing 2 days on the bike. You'll want to sit your a**e on something more comfortable than a bike seat for your ride/drive home. I usually drive home straight after the course, but stay the night before. Although the Abercrave is basic, it's clean, functional and friendly. The foods also good too. OK....it's no 5* hotel, but you're not paying 5* prices either.

Path..... look forward to meeting you then. Is Jo not coming????

MrsPDiddy

No Jo is not coming because her back won't cope with more than about 30 minutes. We did some bad lanes on Islay, but not much fun when in pain. :(

See you then.

Regards,

Path.

Hi Path,

Sorry to hear of Jo's pain. It' a real shame not to see her there again. Send my regards.

Look forward to seeing you on 10th Oct.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom