is it midlife or what

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
called into my dealer on way home and came away with a hardley :nenau
i am loosing it :pullface
why have i bought a hardley at the end of the season :blast
pickup Sat, i am looking forward to riding it though :D and it is something i haven't had before :augie

called into my dealer on way home and came away with a hardley :nenau
i am loosing it :pullface
why have i bought a hardley at the end of the season :blast
pickup Sat, i am looking forward to riding it though :D and it is something i haven't had before :augie

Just ride it for a while and everything will come loose by itself, so I'm told... :augie

What model? I'm waiting for delivery of a Electra Glide Standard. One of the reasons I too choose a HD was the fact I'd never had one before.

Don't forget to post photos and your impressions when you get it!

more details please Den - nearly did the same myself recently - more for novelty value than for anything else :rolleyes:

Just done the same and Bought a 07 FLSTFI 96 ci
Never had one but really love riding the thing :thumb2

What ar you getting ????

taking mine to the east mids event :augie

Seriously considering a similar thing.

Like the look of the 2010 Fat boy. Test rode one back in the "summer".

Just an itch that has to be scratched!!

(I'll be keeping the GSA obviously!!):thumb

Its a sportster 1200 got some toys on it and its an unusual colour :augie
I will pop in and get some photo's in the morning when i hand the coin over :thumb2

its an unusual colour :augie

nice :D

378_Bike_002_2_.jpg

well was rushing and the main photo did not come out cos i was moving before the poxy thing had finished taking the pic.
It is a XLR1200 sportster low with stage 1 and loads of bling 2800mls, i was twitching today so told dealer i will be there 1st thing in the morning and decide what i am doing :pullface. there is also 3 other bikes @ roughly the same price a 675 Daytona 08 mod reg 09 1800mls/ 883 sportster with a bit of bling its the dual seat with twin discs 2k mls/ CBR600f 06 789 miles from new:eek:

I have to decide tonight and i haven't got a clue what i want i am split between the cbr and 1200 hog.

Is the hog a good buy as i don't really want to loose me shirt (again)

Attachments

• DSCF5075.jpg
    DSCF5075.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF5076.jpg
    DSCF5076.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCF5078.jpg
    DSCF5078.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCF5079.jpg
    DSCF5079.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCF5086.jpg
    DSCF5086.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 428
more of harleys and cbr. 1st one to say "it depends what you want" wins :augie
point is i don't know :nenau

I fancy a Harley but don't know enough about them so don't want to buy one then those in the know inform me i have bought a lemon (well its the right colour)

Attachments

• DSCF5077.jpg
    DSCF5077.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF5087.jpg
    DSCF5087.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCF5085.jpg
    DSCF5085.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF5083.jpg
    DSCF5083.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCF5084.jpg
    DSCF5084.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 436
Take a test ride on one of the dealers 1200 demonstrators before you decide.

For what it's worth I think you should go with the Harley since you've not owned one before. Speaking for myself, 4 cylinder machines capable of 100mph more than I am hold no interest these days. That's why I had a GS for 10yrs:clap. Come to think of it, the GS was faster than I'm capable of:augie

HD reputedly hold there value well, so if it does go tits up you shouldn't get to badly stung.

Have look HERE in the Sportster forum for a feel of what you might be getting into.

Last edited:
The Harleys and the CBR/ Daytona are very different from each other. It seems an odd choice to have to make. Sports bike or cruiser?

Is it that you fancy a Harley but its a new direction for you and a grey area where as the CBR/Daytona offer something familiar to you.

If it was my choice I would choose the 1200 over the 883 and the Daytona over the CBR.

Harleys do hold their money well but Harley dealers are expensive so if you trade it in 3 months you will lose money. You didn’t say how much the 1200 is(or i missed it)

Do you have to decide tonight? if you're not sure just take a little more time:thumb2

Stumpy

I had an XLH1000 iron barrelled 4 speed Sportster in 1986 but the new ones are WAY different.

I took it to Switzerland (2 up :eek ) and wouldn`t wish to repeat the experience.

The Evo onwards models bear no similarities to ride apart from the fact that on any Sportster you do tend to feel a tad vulnerable as they`re not exactly big bikes.....bear this in mind.

From what I`ve read....and heard from Harley owning mates...an 883 converted to a 1200 is a far better riding machine than a stock 1200 and there`s actually a cash saving after the mods have been done (allegedly).

As regards the plastic pellet Triumph or Honda versus a Harley (of any type) ,nobody can say anything other than their probably biased opinion.... just like I have done.
I wouldn`t piss on the plastic bikes if they were on fire and wouldn`t buy one if they were £100 brand new with free insurance and a lifetime`s free petrol.

If you are intrigued by the Harleys take a few out for a test ride.....a proper ride,for more than a whizz around the block ... and see how you feel then.

Stockers can be a bit of a disappointment as they all seem to need intake and exhaust mods to release the real bike within....but you`ve mentioned the mods have been done so that`s good.

Or just buy one anyway...and if you end up not liking it,sell it.
You`re not likely to lose any great money and it`ll be out of your system if you don`t like it.

Bit bothered by 'end of the season' though.........the 'season' is a minimum of 365 days........:augie

great answers guys, its eased my dilema. Boxer, i will checkout the forum ta. Stumpy, got a tiger which ticks so many boxes and a 1250 bandit which is daft fast and is a joy to ride so only things missing are a sports bike and have never had a cruiser. Did do 430 miles on a charity run on a new rocket, hated it at 1st but after 200 odd miles was getting into it and relaxed (probly was trying to ride it like a sports bike initially).
Harley is winning so far. Harley 1200 is £5k to me but haven,t finished negotiating :thumb2.

Back
Top Bottom