Right, More Help, Scarver thingy.

ExpatinIstanbul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My sis-inlaw bought a Scarver a couple of years ago, which she just left in front garden for the last 2 years as she doesn't have enough confidence to get out on it. I want to get rid of it as it's sitting there getting rusty and looking very forlorn.

It's got the 650 single motor, same as the F650 but has belt drive. I have to change the battery, change oil and filter to get it running, but what else should I check?

You might want to get a new spark plug - although they are a hell of a pain to fit on the Scarver.

Belt tension might be a little tricky as it has a weird adjuster that main dealers normally play with. You could see if the www.f650.co.uk bunch have any advice on that

Is that the one where you have to follow a procedure to check the oil level?

You might want to get a new spark plug - although they are a hell of a pain to fit on the Scarver.

Belt tension might be a little tricky as it has a weird adjuster that main dealers normally play with. You could see if the www.f650.co.uk bunch have any advice on that

Oops sudden thought there is a single spark and a twin spark version - the single spark is definitely a pig to remove, no idea about the twin spark.

I'll have to look into exactly what year hers is, and whether it's a single or twin jobbie then. I only want to get it into saleable condition, so I can use the funds to buy something else for myself......or is that a little selfish? Yes. Oh well, selfish it is then.

Thanks eggy, for the linky.

I'll have to look into exactly what year hers is, and whether it's a single or twin jobbie then. I only want to get it into saleable condition, so I can use the funds to buy something else for myself......or is that a little selfish? Yes. Oh well, selfish it is then.

Thanks eggy, for the linky.

I think the twin spark says "2 spark" or "twin spark" on the engine cover (not sure if it says it on both sides though)

My sis-inlaw bought a Scarver a couple of years ago, which she just left in front garden for the last 2 years as she doesn't have enough confidence to get out on it. I want to get rid of it as it's sitting there getting rusty and looking very forlorn.

It's got the 650 single motor, same as the F650 but has belt drive. I have to change the battery, change oil and filter to get it running, but what else should I check?

Drive Belt for cracking! Very embarassing when It goes ping ! Also PITA cos you haven't any drive

Side infill panels at when the rubbers go hard have a habit of breaking the retaining stud off and occasionally departing when least expected! Cable ties are your friends, Also there are a pair of chrome side covers available for less than the cost of one matched panel in case you need one?

Here is my Scarver:
2002, one spark.

Is there a power socket? If so most likely it is a 2-spark you got.
But not sure: My Scarver have a power socket but I got that after it was new!

It is easier to adjust the valves on the early one-spark type. There is a cup covering the shims that you need to remove on the two-spark type.

:) Liv.

Attachments

• Oilplug  frame Scarver-.JPG
    Oilplug frame Scarver-.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 571

Back
Top Bottom