Garmin aftersales, spot on!!

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just thought I post as to how well they dealt with me.....:clap

My 660 had a problem with the screen going into a sort of reverse contrast so I phoned them on Monday.

The chap on other end of the line asked me a few questions to make sure I'd tried all possible other routes to rectify the problem (which I had) then gave me a returns number.

I posted it on Monday afternoon, just got a Brand new unit with all the bits & bobs too, all within a 3 day turn around...excellent work....:clap

Makes a pleasant change to be able to say well to done as most of the time we only get to hear the tales of woe... :thumb2

Happy Bunny...:D

Garmin

They saved my neck a couple of weeks ago, on a Friday morning I downloaded the upgrade, the unit was full of routes for my trip to the Pyrenees on the following Sunday. The download went sideways and wiped all the operating system off the unit:eek:
I rang Garmin and the guy there said it would have to go back to them to be sorted 10 day turn around(I've now got a picture of me nailed to the wall by SWMBO) told guy the situation and he said could I bring it down now and he could sort it for me.
Slough to Southamton in record time, 25 minutes in the garmin stockade the guy comes back with the unit and apologized for taking so long.

Great service, Thanks Ronnie

I can echo Mike's experience:

Was down in Southampton earlier this year, and my sister was complaining that her 3 yr old Garmin Nuvi 360 (top of the range at the time) had pitched a fit.
I phoned up Garmin and asked if I could drop the unit off at their new headquarters at Totton, rather than posting it?

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/si...t;jsessionid=19FAE96ECB6A6EBF7A97E00513919E43

The girl on the phone said to bring it in, and someone would meet me and give me an initial appraisal and take it from there.

A girl came out to reception to see us, and listened to an explanation of the symptoms on the Nuvi and appeared very helpful, so..................

I handed her my broken Zumo car mount (I had foolishly tried to aleviate the stiffness in the ball-joint by putting a couple of drops of extra-virgin :toungincheek olive oil in the joint ) which had started to break up due to destabilisation of the plastic in the cup and asked if they could repair it?

Thinking "in for a penny.................." - I also asked her about the upgrading of a Zumo 400 (UK mapping) to full European mapping using the £36 upgrade disc. (I had been told by the retailer that it would upgrade the maps, and when it didn't - I thought I had been thrown a "wobbly ball")

Anyway - the result?

1) My sister's Nuvi (out of warranty) was to be repaired (replaced) for £75 including P&P :D

2) My Zumo car mount has been repaired and posted out to me FREE OF CHARGE :D

3) The girl printed out a step-by-step instruction sheet for upgrading the maps on my Zumo 400. :D

Two weeks later - My sister received a brand new Nuvi, FREE OF CHARGE, with an apology for the "delay" :clap:clap

I have no reason to believe that anyone dealing with those problems by phone or e-mail would have been treated differently. :rob

I can't think of a single reason for straying from the Garmin camp. :thumb2

Al :thumb

top service

cracked the screan on my zumo 550 was out of warrenty by a month .

rang garmin was told 124 quid to repair but if it was not repairable they would send a new one and it would get a years warrenty either way. sent unit only to garmin

week later new zumo new warrenty and all the bits and pieces including nt euro mapping 2009 arrived .

WHAT A FANTASTIC SERVICE

Al

I too think that overall Garmin serice is great but its only as good as the guy on the other end of the phone.

I have had a 2720 replaced for free out of warranty after I damaged the screen and a guy was happy to spend an hour on the phone when I had a problem with a map upgrade - but when I recently phoned them with a problem with Garmin Mobile on a Smart phone I got the most unhelpful guy ever to work in a service centre.

They did replace mine without quibble in about 3 weeks, but shouldn't we be asking why the units are so unreliable in the first place ?

Case for my 660 doesnt close properly teeth on zip not catching concerned it may drop out . Guy on other end after a minute or so said they would send a replacement
really good service:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom