New accessories for BMW R1200GS....

Dutchman

Reaction score
BMW Riders Scotland have commissioned the development and production of the following highly desirable goodies for the new BMW R1200GS:

1) Replacement front mudguard made from hand laid carbon fibre, the rear section of which will be approx. 7 inches (18cms) longer than the original and designed to keep road crud from the front & underside of the engine as well as the riders feet and lower legs.

Timescale: Prototype will be ready for viewing/final testing in early May 2004, order fulfilment from early June.

Price expectation :£95.00 including UK/Europe Shipping. Worldwide shipping upon request.

2) Rear hugger made from hand laid carbon fibre, which will fit between the rear shock and extend rearwards to end just aft of the rear brake caliper, to keep road crud/water from the backs of the riders legs and the rear shock, gearbox, battery etc.

Timescale: Prototype will be ready for viewing/final testing in early June 2004, order fulfilment from early July.

Price expectation: £125.00 including UK/Europe Shipping. Worldwide shipping upon request.

3) Eye level GPS mount, CNC machined from solid billet aluminium, to allow mounting of Garmin Street Pilot III & Garmin 26** series (BMW Nav I & Nav II) GPS in the highly desirable and easily visible 'above the clocks' position. Available in either silver or black anodised finish, this mount requires no drilling/altering of the motorcycle and leaves no trace of fitment when removed. Full adjustment of the standard BMW screen will remain as will full visibility of the instrument panel.

Timescale: Prototype testing at present, order fulfilment from mid May 2004.

Price expectation: £65.00 including UK/Europe Shipping. Worldwide shipping upon request.

Discount structure:

Pre-production orders less 10%
Full BMW Riders Scotland members, less an additional 5%

Ordering Procedure:

In the first instance, expressions of interest are invited to e-mail: merchandise@bmwridersscotland.com

From Saturday 1st May 2004 on-line ordering will be available from: www.bmwridersscotland.com/Merchandise.htm

These exclusive, premium quality products will not be made available for sale elsewhere. All such products offered for sale by BMW Riders Scotland will be backed by a lifetime money back guarantee against faulty materials & workmanship.

Further Products:

We have established production & develpment facilities in both carbon fibre and CNC machined metals and any suggestions for further BMW accessories will be gratefully received.

come on guys

and I got all excited and thought it was going to be something really useful when I saw it was from Scotland

eg a topbox with warming draw to keep ya haggis warm on the way home from the fish and chippery:beer:

Re: come on guys

steve in nz said:

.........................a topbox with warming draw to keep ya haggis warm on the way home from the fish and chippery:beer:

That will be next, just after the coolbox & widget carrier.... :D

NLS said:
good job people

Hell Yes!
:rolleyes:

Id just like to say a warm thank you as well to you people and indeed to all mammals everywhere. Good work.

Someone too low down the phylogenetic tree to understand

Re: GPS Mount now ready.....

Dutchman said:

Hey Dutchman

Very interested in the GPS mount. It will fit the Streetpilot III?

What mounting will I need? Is the touratech bracket now redundant?

Any other photos showing fitting and without GPS unit in place?

Presumably not problems re turbulence etc

Just wanting to get a good idea as to how it looks.

Cheers

Re: Re: GPS Mount now ready.....

Swooper said:
Hey Dutchman

Very interested in the GPS mount. It will fit the Streetpilot III?

What mounting will I need? Is the touratech bracket now redundant?

Any other photos showing fitting and without GPS unit in place?

Presumably not problems re turbulence etc

Just wanting to get a good idea as to how it looks.

Cheers

Hi Swooper.....

Yes SPIII will fit...

Take a look here for more pix (click on single photo & six more will appear):

http://www.bmwridersscotland.com/Merchandise.htm#R1200GSGPS

No turbulence at all.....the 1200GS screen does not rely on laminar airfow, so all is calm behind it...............

Cheers

Dutch

Final question

If the Streetpilot III is installed with the arial up and the screen in the lowest position (short arse) I presume there is no fouling of screen and arial?

ariel or arial?

Steve

Swooper said:
Final question

If the Streetpilot III is installed with the arial up and the screen in the lowest position (short arse) I presume there is no fouling of screen and arial?

ariel or arial?

Steve

The mount was designed primarily as a mount for the SP26XX/BMW Motorrad Navigator II, but the SPIII wall also fit. The kit includes spacers which hold the GPS approx 3cms closer to the rider, thus not compromising the OE screen adjustment.

FWIW, I'm only 5'9" and after much adjustment of the screen, I have it one notch above halfway and can still see right over the top.......we're even thinking of making a carbon fibre screen..........!!

Cheers

Dutch

Recieved my 'Type 1' GPS mount from 'Motorrad Concepts' today and I have to say I'm very impressed with he design and quality of the product. It wasn't cheap at £83 but, I reckon it was worth it. All I need is the new GPS now!

Do not beleive what Dutch wman tell you here!

Not True, It just did not happen. The hand laid carbon turned out to be fiberglass and not very nice at that. They can not get orders right, you will end up with the wrong part, no part, wrong color and you will suffer and go through hell if you order from them. In the end they will just stop talking to you and if they said they mailed it..well don't ask for a tracking number for research to find your part....because you won't get it!

Re: Do not beleive what Dutch wman tell you here!

HODADDY said:
Not True, It just did not happen. The hand laid carbon turned out to be fiberglass and not very nice at that. They can not get orders right, you will end up with the wrong part, no part, wrong color and you will suffer and go through hell if you order from them. In the end they will just stop talking to you and if they said they mailed it..well don't ask for a tracking number for research to find your part....because you won't get it!

I take it that UR not very happy then............?

BTBR

Dutchman said:
2) Rear hugger made from hand laid carbon fibre, which will fit between the rear shock and extend rearwards to end just aft of the rear brake caliper, to keep road crud/water from the backs of the riders legs and the rear shock, gearbox, battery etc.

Timescale: Prototype will be ready for viewing/final testing in early June 2004, order fulfilment from early July.

Price expectation: £125.00 including UK/Europe Shipping. Worldwide shipping upon request.

So why is the carbon fibre one £50 cheaper than your standard one? £174.95 inc.VAT (Plus Shipping)?----------

Re: Re: New accessories for BMW R1200GS....

Stoney said:
So why is the carbon fibre one £50 cheaper than your standard one? £174.95 inc.VAT (Plus Shipping)?----------

Carbon Fibre huggers were discontinued last November........the original post on this thread was made April 2004........;)

Cheers

Dutch

Re: Re: Re: New accessories for BMW R1200GS....

Dutchman said:
Carbon Fibre huggers were discontinued last November........the original post on this thread was made April 2004........;)

Cheers

Dutch

Doh!:banghead:

THis thread is over over 16months old... lots has happened since the original post... if you're interested in MC products check their website for latest info, as that is kept up to date.

Suggest that this thread is now closed to prevent confussion?

Close this thread? HELL NO!! MORE COMING

LETS JUST KEEP EVERYTHING OUT IN THE OPEN, HELL WE ARE ALL BMW RIDERS THAT PAY HIGH PRICES FOR OUR LOVE OF THE RIDE. LET US FOLLOW THE STORY AS TOLD BY DUTCH AND CHRIS IE: THE SELLERS OF.
THE STORY TOLD BY HODADDY IE: THE BUYER OF.

AN IDEA FOR A GREAT HUGGER FOR THE NEW GS. COLLECTION OF LOTS OF MONEY THROUGH LOTS OF ORDERS! NOW LETS BUILD IT. OOPS PROBLEMS. OOPS IT IS CARBON RIGHT? NO STUPID, IT IS GOING TO BE PLASTIC NOW! HEY WHATS THE DIFFERENCE RIGHT? WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT. ASK? WHERE IS IT? WE SENT IT, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT! HEY DO NOT HAVE IT. HEY GOT IT. HEY WRONG COLOR. HEY NOW WHAT. WAIT AND WAIT. WE SENT OUT RIGHT CLOR. WAIT AND WAIT HEY WE SENT YOU ANOTHER WRONG COLOR AGAIN! HEY DON'T WORRY, YOU TWO BUYERS WITH THE WRONG PARTS CAN GET TOETHER AND WORK IT OUT. OK IT IS NOT WORKING OUT WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY AND YOU CAN GO FIND A HUGGER SOME WHERE ELSE. WAIT THERE IS A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK THAT MIGHT HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO BRING IT ALL TOGETHER AND SOLVE THE WHOLE PROBLEM AND GET THOUSANDS OF HUGGERS OUT TO ALL THOSE EXPECTANT OWNERS! WHO IS THIS MASTERMIND? HIS NAME IS ANDREW FEKETE AND HE CAN BE FOUND ON THIS SITE. HE SOUNDS COMPETENT ON THE PHONE AND HE CAN SEND YOU SOME GREAT PHOTOS IF YOU WANT A HUGGER FOR THAT FRONT OR REAR WHEEL FOR THE R1200GS, RS,RT ETC. SEEK HIM OUT NOW BEFORE HE RUNS OUT OF STOCK. HE WILL FOLLOW UP AND ACTUALLY CALL YOU IF YOU HAVE A TEHNICAL PROBLEM. CHECK OUT HIS WEB SITE, IT WORKS, IT IS COOL. GO TO WWW.ADVENTURERSWORKSHOP.COM (DO IT NOW) USE PHONE TO CALL, AS SITE HAD PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT OPTION (TEMP PROBLEM).
I FEEL THAT ANDREW WILL BE ABLE TO WRING OUT ALL OF THE POTENTAL THESE MOTORRAD CONCEPT HUGGERS CAN OFFER A BUYER WHO WANTS SOME THING THAT LOOKS TRULY BMW QUALITY TO MAKE HIS BIKE LOOK UNIQUE, LOOK FASTER, STAY CLEANER, KEEP THE RIDER AND PAX CLEANER....STAY MAINTANENCE FREE AND HOLD UP AND LAST! iF YOU ARE PUTTING AN ITEM THIS LARGE, THIS VISIBLE, PAINTED TO MATCH?, ON A $20,000 BIKE, IT HAS TO LOOK LIKE IT! iT CAN NOT LOOK LIKE IT BELONGS ON A hd OR SOMETHING, IT HAS TO LOOK SWEET.

Back
Top Bottom